Deadline: 31 October 2019
The International Finance Corporation (IFC) is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of Economist in Islamabad, Pakistan. The duration of this post is 3 years.
The Economist will report to the Regional Economics Manager in CCE and work as an integral part of the Regional Strategy team based in Washington DC.
IFC’s mission is to end extreme poverty by 2030 and boost shared prosperity in every developing country
(Ad) Stop getting irritated with excessing advertisements. View the information you want quickly on a clean, ad-free and exclusive Member Dashboard that offers tools to search for grants, view latest grant opportunities, upcoming deadlines, sample proposals, downloadable ebooks and also organize your favourites! Learn more.
Key Job Responsibilities
The Economist will perform the following functions-
(Ad) Are you still finding it difficult to search for donors online? Join Premium and use our powerful Donor Search mechanism to find relevant donors based on your country and location or keyword. Our specially developed algorithm will search across the internet for the most relevant and useful donors of your interest willing to fund your work. Learn more.
- Monitor the macro-economic conditions and trends for select countries in the region and advise the IFC Country Manager and operational teams on its impact on IFC operations.
- Maintain close liaison with World Bank teams, other development partners and client governments to help ensure that IFC engagements are aligned with WBG strategies and government development strategies.
- Provide macro-economic analysis to support IFC operations including due diligence.
- Draft relevant sections of IFC project document including country context and strategic fit.
- Contribute to Country Private Sector Diagnostics and provide IFC input to WBG Systematic Country Diagnostics, Country Partnership Frameworks, Progress and Learning Reviews and other joint initiatives.
- Support IFC Country Manager to develop IFC country strategies to help maximize IFC development impact.
- Support the development of industry strategies in the region.
- Monitor and support the implementation of Country Private Sector Diagnostic recommendations, sectoral deep dives and policy reform implementation.
- Contribute to analytical work on selected topics that inform IFC country programs and strategies.
Applicants must have:
(Ad) Not able to keep track of so may different grant opportunities and their deadlines? No problem! fundsforNGOs Premium has a handy tool called "Deadline Calendar." This tool will help you keep track of all upcoming grant opportunities and their deadlines and view them in a beautiful calendar format. Learn more.
- Graduate degree in economics, public policy or other relevant field from a reputable university.
- At least 5 years of experience with a track record of written work demonstrating analytical skills in economics and private sector development work in a country/regional context.
- Experience in and strong knowledge of the economic context and challenges of countries in South Asia and particularly Pakistan.
- Excellent understanding of financial and economic concepts and data.
- Strong analytical and quantitative skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills and ability to communicate effectively with high level stakeholders in English.
- Nationality of Pakistan.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
(Ad) Are you looking for readymade proposals? fundsforNGOs Premium has a vast collection of Sample Proposals from successful grantees around the world. These proposals are available for viewing so that you can quickly get new ideas, best practices, lessons learned and develop your proposal in the perfect manner. Learn more.
For more information, please visit IFC.