Deadline: 18 June 2020
The World Bank Group (WBG) is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of Economist in Washington, DC, United States. The duration of this post is 2 years.
(Ad) Still, finding it difficult to find new grants and donors to support your work? No way to easily search and identify upcoming funding opportunities? No idea how to raise funds? We have a solution for you. Our Premium Membership service answers all your questions. Learn more.
WBG has set two ambitious goals to push extreme poverty to no more 3 percent by 2030, and to promote shared prosperity and greater equity in the developing world.
Key Job Responsibilities
(Ad) Too many advertisements on this website? Get an ad-free and fully optimized website experience to find grants and donors of your interest. Premium Membership service offers a clean and user-friendly interface for you to raise funds successfully! Learn more.
The Economist will perform the following functions-
- Undertake literature reviews, data analysis, and conduct research based on IFC and external data sources.
- Write short, non-technical case studies and topic notes for the EMCompass series.
- Prepare working papers on more technical analysis.Contribute chapters, boxes etc to longer reports.
- Manage research activities, including engagement with external research partners.
- Supervise research assistants and consultants.Generate ideas to advance IFC’s thought leadership agenda.
(Ad) Premium Membership offers unlimited search options to find your grants and donors. Search by country or thematic area of your work interest or even by keyword. View the number of open grants for your country. on a Google Map. Keep a watch on grant deadlines through a calendar. Learn more.
Applicants must have:
- PhD in Economics or a related discipline.
- Master’s Degree with strong economics content and demonstrated research ability.
- Work experience or demonstrated research interest in private enterprise and/or private finance.
- Strong research and analytical skills.
- Familiarity with statistical packages.
- Well-organized and responsive.
- Ability to multi-task and deliver high quality work under tight deadlines.
- Excellent writing skills in English.
- Additional language skills would be an advantage.
- Strong interpersonal and teamwork skills and ability to work effectively in a multicultural environment.
How to Apply
(Ad) Too many emails about grants, but too few leads? Join Premium and use our Specific Email Alerts feature where you can select your country/countries and thematic areas of work interest and receive grant information accordingly. Learn more.
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, visit WBG.
(Ad) Our Premium Donor Search feature works like a mini-search engine. As soon as you define the search criteria and click on search, it scans the internet for the best possible matches of donor agencies based according to your interest and presents a list that you need. Learn more.