Deadline: 9 July 2020
United Nations Development Programme (UNDP) is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of Economist & Livelihood Expert in Bamenda, Cameroon. The duration of this post is 1 year.
(Ad) Still, finding it difficult to find new grants and donors to support your work? No way to easily search and identify upcoming funding opportunities? No idea how to raise funds? We have a solution for you. Our Premium Membership service answers all your questions. Learn more.
UNDP works in nearly 170 countries and territories, helping to achieve the eradication of poverty, and the reduction of inequalities and exclusion.
Key Job Responsibilities
(Ad) Too many advertisements on this website? Get an ad-free and fully optimized website experience to find grants and donors of your interest. Premium Membership service offers a clean and user-friendly interface for you to raise funds successfully! Learn more.
The Economist & Livelihood Expert will perform the following functions-
- Assist the project manager in the implementation of the revitalization of local economy and Livelihood component and propose the appropriate tools and approaches which he will develop.
- Provide technical expertise in the preparation of local action Plans, particularly on the revitalization of local economy and Livelihood dimension.
- ensure the creation of revitalization of local economy and Livelihood technical committees, for which he/she will propose content and terms of reference as well as a work plan.
- Coordinate with NGO partners, UN, local government and recipients to plan, organize and implement the revitalization of local economy and livelihood component.
- Carry out field visits and create contacts with the beneficiaries, the technical services of the State, the decentralized or deconcentrated local authorities and other stakeholders.
- Participate in the preparation of various documents that contribute to the visibility of the programme.
(Ad) Premium Membership offers unlimited search options to find your grants and donors. Search by country or thematic area of your work interest or even by keyword. View the number of open grants for your country. on a Google Map. Keep a watch on grant deadlines through a calendar. Learn more.
Applicants must have:
- At least Master’s Degree in Socioeconomics, Agro-economics or Rural development or related disciplines.
- At least 5 year’s of experience in the elaboration, planning and management of economic recovery programmes/projects, vocational training, and complex and multi-sectoral development policies including local development, programming and results-based monitoring and evaluation.
- Good knowledge and proven experience of working on agricultural and income generating activities issues.
- Professional experience in the areas of Early Recovery, local economy, Stabilization/Resilience.
- Experience in youth and women’s employment in a crisis or post-crisis context would be an asset.
- Experience in the NWSW region would be an asset.
- Good knowledge of the policies and priorities of the Government and UNDP in Cameroon in terms of PPRD programme.
- Mastery of basic software (Word and Excell) and MS Project.
- Demonstrated ability to work with various development partners and agencies.
- Good written and oral communication skills in English.
- At least a working knowledge of French.
- Knowledge of local languages (Pidgin, etc…) would be an asset.
How to Apply
(Ad) Too many emails about grants, but too few leads? Join Premium and use our Specific Email Alerts feature where you can select your country/countries and thematic areas of work interest and receive grant information accordingly. Learn more.
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, visit UNDP.
(Ad) Our Premium Donor Search feature works like a mini-search engine. As soon as you define the search criteria and click on search, it scans the internet for the best possible matches of donor agencies based according to your interest and presents a list that you need. Learn more.