Deadline: 9 January 2023
Asian Development Bank (ADB) is currently seeking applications from eligible applicants for the post of Senior Economist/ Senior Economist in Manila, Philippines. The duration of this post is 3 years.
The ADB aims for an Asia and Pacific free from poverty.
Key Jobs Responsibilities
The Economist/ Senior Economist will perform the following functions-
- Economic Research and Operational Support
- Undertake applied research on a variety of issues in development, macroeconomics, microeconomics, and international economics, with an emphasis on analytical and policy-relevant empirical studies, particularly on the department’s current research priorities which include economic integration; poverty and inequality; digital economy; macro and financial stability; climate change and sustainable development; and skills and the future work.
- Experience in data science and working with very large datasets is welcomed.
- Project Management
- At the senior level, oversee and carry out the design, implementation and administration of technical assistance projects for DMCs on empirically rigorous policy analysis across a broad range of areas.
- Knowledge Management
- Contribute to the dissemination of ADB knowledge outputs and publications.
- Support the capacity building work of ERCD
- Undertake collaborative research, dissemination, networking, and capacity building activities with specialists across a global network of knowledge institutions and with other ADB knowledge and operations departments.
- Participate/lead and contribute to relevant internal and external training and conferences and other activities for advocacy, dissemination, and knowledge building.
Applicants must have:
- A post-graduate degree (preferably Doctorate level) in Economics or related fields, with strong background in empirical analysis and policy-focused research.
- At least 4 years of relevant professional experience is required at the entry grade level and minimum 10 years at the senior level.
- Demonstrated experience conducting independent research, including international experience working in several countries.
- Evidence of high-quality research output and track record of publications in international peer-reviewed professional journals.
- Strong quantitative, analytical, and conceptual skills in economics.
- Good understanding of ADB’s institutional context, strategies, priorities, and objectives.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills in English.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, visit ADB.