Deadline: 7 December 2016
The World Bank Group (WBG) is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of Economist in Malabo, Equatorial Guinea.
WBG has set two ambitious goals to push extreme poverty to no more 3 percent by 2030, and to promote shared prosperity and greater equity in the developing world.
Key Jobs Responsibilities
The Economist will perform the following functions-
- Support use and regular updating of macro-fiscal projection model, public expenditure analysis tool (BOOST), and high frequency indicator (Nowcast) developed under the technical assistance agreement.
- Lead organization of users (in the Ministry of Economy and other relevant administrations) training and capacitation for use of the tools, deliver some training components.
- Support users in production of economic and fiscal policy analytical products (notes, reports) relying on the use of the tools.
- Organize and support outreach activities to help build statistical culture in the country and promote the use of data in decision making.
- Assist the team in Malabo and Washington with other activities as needed.
Applicants must have-
- Advanced university degree in Economics, Public Administration, or related discipline with a minimum 5 years of demonstrated experience promoting evidence and statistics based economic and social policy making.
- Demonstrated experience with public communication and outreach activities.
- Familiarity with macroeconomic and fiscal concepts, public expenditure analysis, and macroeconomic forecasting methods.
- Proven sense of initiative, results orientation, team work and leadership qualities, and ability to work effectively across sectors/GPs.
- Fluency in English and Spanish with strong verbal and written communication skills.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, please visit WBG.