Deadline: 10 January 2020
United Nations Development Programme (UNDP) is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of Evaluation and Programme Development Associate in Baku, Azerbaijan. The duration of this post is 1 year.
The Evaluation and Programme Development Associate will be responsible to contribute to the effective implementation of the evaluation policy, ensures that standard monitoring and evaluation requirements for the Country Programme and projects are met, participates in the conduct of thematic and crosscutting evaluations and support the programme implementation and development consistent with UNDP rules and regulations.
UNDP works in nearly 170 countries and territories, helping to achieve the eradication of poverty, and the reduction of inequalities and exclusion.
Key Job Responsibilities
The Evaluation and Programme Development Associate will perform the following functions-
- Ensure the implementation of evaluation policies and strategies, focusing on achievement of the following results:
- Analysis of requirements and synthesis of proposals for the planning, preparation and management of specific thematic, country programme/project evaluations and other types of evaluations.
- Inputs to the evaluation workplan, analysis and proposals on topics, and projects/programme to be evaluated.
- Promotion of evaluation standards, quality assurance/control and capacity development in the Country Office.
- Support effective management of the evaluation process in the Country Office, focusing on achievement of the following results:
- Draft/revision of Terms of Reference (TOR) for specific project/thematic/sectoral evaluation missions and/or desk evaluations/reviews, participation in consultant and evaluation team selection, technical feedback on evaluations and budget oversight.
- Guidance on UNDP evaluation policies, procedures and practices to programme managers, UNDP CO staff concerned with assigned project/thematic/sectoral evaluations and/or desk reviews, consultants and/or members of the evaluation team.
- Provision of guidance at the design stage of programmes/projects.
- Analysis and synthesis of proposals on areas evaluated, effectiveness and impact of UNDP programme.
- Support formulation of programme strategies and implementation of the Country Programme focusing on achievement of the following results:
- Collection, analysis and presentation of background information for preparation of CCA, UNDAF, CPD, CPAP, effective application of RBM tools and establishment of management targets (BSC).
- Presentation of background information for formulation of country programme, draft project documents, work plans, budgets, proposals on implementation arrangements.
- Preparation and regular update of programme tables on ongoing and hard pipelines, resources mobilization tables.
- Provide full supporting documentation/information from programme side for project opening and closure in Atlas.
- Support resource mobilization focusing on achievement of the following results:
- Analysis of information on donors, preparation of donor’s profile.
- Synthesis of lessons learnt and best practices in programme.
- Preparation of thematic issue briefs, concept notes, and projects ideas.
- Ensure facilitation of knowledge building and knowledge sharing, focusing on achievement of the following results:
- Sound contributions to knowledge networks and communities of practice.
- Organization of results-oriented monitoring and evaluation trainings for the CO staff.
Applicants must have:
- Secondary Education.
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent in International Relations, Political Science, Economics or related social sciences is desirable but not a requirement.
- 6 years of relevant experience in international development issues.
- Experience in monitoring and evaluation with a background and interest in the analysis of socio-economic issues and related policy matters.
- Experience in research and programme/project development is an asset.
- Fluency in English and Azerbaijani.
- Nationality of Azerbaijan.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, please visit UNDP.