Deadline: 29 June 2017
Global Climate Fund (GCF) is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of Financial Consultant in Songdo, South Korea. The duration of this post is 6 months.
The mission of the Green Climate Fund is to expand collective human action to respond to climate change – the defining challenge of our time.
Key Jobs Responsibilities
The Financial Consultant will perform the following functions-
- Provide technical expertise in the negotiation of the FAAs for approved GCF projects.
- Ensure the appropriate translation of approval conditions into the FAAs.
- Ensure and track timely negotiation of the GCF Project FAAs in conjunction with each task manager and the Legal Department.
- Ensure and record that all sign-offs have been gathered prior to entering into an FAA.
- Ensure and record that the AE has complied with all approval conditions prior to 1st disbursement.
- Maintain the pipeline of approved projects and ensure that it is up to date in all respects.
- Develop and maintain a red-flag system to alert the Director DMA to any events threatening the signing or execution of a FAA within the deadlines set.
- Support the negotiation of the Accreditation Master Agreements (AMA) between the AEs and the Fund.
- Lead or support as appropriate the drafting of related Board papers.
Applicants must have-
- Master’s degree in economics, finance, law, or related fields.
- Between 4 to 6 years of relevant work experience in project finance or investment banking.
- Experience drafting approval notes for investment and credit committees.
- Experience with climate finance and development markets is advantageous.
- Fluency in English is essential; knowledge of another United Nations language is an advantage.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their CV and a letter of interest in a single PDF file via email given on the website.
For more information, please download the PDF GCF.