Deadline: 30 November 2018
The World Bank Group (WBG) is currently seeking applications from eligible applicants for the post of HD (Human Development) Specialist/Economist in Bogota, Colombia. The duration of this post is 2 years.
Human Development Economist/Specialist will contribute to the delivery of HD sector operations and analytical and advisory tasks by working jointly with other team members in the World Bank, clients, development partners and academia that actively support the development and reform of human development programs.
WBG has set two ambitious goals first is reducing extreme poverty to 3% by 2030 and second is promoting shared prosperity by fostering income growth of the bottom 40% of the population in every country.
(Ad) Stop getting irritated with excessing advertisements. View the information you want quickly on a clean, ad-free and exclusive Member Dashboard that offers tools to search for grants, view latest grant opportunities, upcoming deadlines, sample proposals, downloadable ebooks and also organize your favourites! Learn more.
Key Jobs Responsibilities
The HD Specialist/Economist will perform the following functions:
(Ad) Are you still finding it difficult to search for donors online? Join Premium and use our powerful Donor Search mechanism to find relevant donors based on your country and location or keyword. Our specially developed algorithm will search across the internet for the most relevant and useful donors of your interest willing to fund your work. Learn more.
- Work in teams to plan and deliver a mixture of lending operations, technical assistance, analytical work and partnership activities in response to the demands from the government and other counterparts.
- Maintain regular interaction with government counterparts and other partners to ensure smooth communication and timely information flow.
- Undertake technical analysis with the task teams, provide inputs to substantive sector issues, design technical assistance intervention, advance policy dialogue, produce economic sector work in collaboration with the clients.
- Work as a team member to prepare operations. S/he will participate in missions and meetings, take lead in selected discussions with clients and/or specific project component, take responsibility for regular communication with government counterparts, collect and interpret project-related information/data, prepare project documentation, and join the negotiations.
- Work with the task team to provide implementation support to Bank-financed projects under implementation. S/he will review the implementation progress and work plan, participate in the missions, support the government counterpart on general operations, and provide advice on the key technical issues to ensure the compliance of the Bank’s operations requirements as well as the technical quality.
- Support cross-GP analytical activities as necessary, contribute to the preparation of Systematic Country Diagnostics and Country Partnership Strategies, and serve as liaison with government counterparts and other various partner organizations.
Applicants must have:
(Ad) Not able to keep track of so may different grant opportunities and their deadlines? No problem! fundsforNGOs Premium has a handy tool called "Deadline Calendar." This tool will help you keep track of all upcoming grant opportunities and their deadlines and view them in a beautiful calendar format. Learn more.
- Graduate degree (MA) in economics or allied social science, such as social policy, public policy
- Minimum 5 years of directly relevant experience on social protection issues, Health or Education issues.
- Demonstrated knowledge of these issues and of key stakeholders in the Colombian context.
- Demonstrated experience on microdata analysis of human development policies is desirable.
- Knowledge of World Bank operations.
- Experience coordinating work with different institutions, high profile consultants and government officials.
- High capacity for organization as well as an ability to work with a high degree of independence in a team environment.
- Nationality of Colombia.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
(Ad) Are you looking for readymade proposals? fundsforNGOs Premium has a vast collection of Sample Proposals from successful grantees around the world. These proposals are available for viewing so that you can quickly get new ideas, best practices, lessons learned and develop your proposal in the perfect manner. Learn more.
For more information, please visit WBG.