Deadline: 25 May 2022
The International Labour Organization (ILO) is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of Knowledge Management and TRANSFORM- Technical Officer (Social Protection) in Lusaka, Zambia.
The mission of the ILO is to promote rights at work, encourage decent employment opportunities, enhance social protection and strengthen dialogue on work-related issues.
Key Job Responsibilities
The Knowledge Management and TRANSFORM- Technical Officer (Social Protection) will perform the following functions-
- Under the guidance of the SP Project Manager, coordinate the TRANSFORM initiative in the region in line with the approved work plan and budget, as well as other critical initiatives in the areas of knowledge and capacity development envisaged in the project. Ensure effective implementation of planned activities, through timely provision of inputs, timely and efficient delivery of outputs, and planning, control, monitoring and evaluation of activities, in conformity with ILO policies and project strategies, and in accordance with ILO programming guidelines and country/action programmes, and administrative and financial procedures.
- Support peer-to-peer learning, exchange and knowledge development across countries in the region in the areas of focus of the project. Assist in the coordination and development of knowledge products and communications materials on technical subjects in the areas of focus of the project. Coordinate the organization of regional meetings and events for interchange of experiences in the topics of focus of the project.
- Provide overall technical coordination and quality assurance for continuous improvement, development and adaptation of the TRANSFORM package so to respond to needs of capacity building in the region and to maximize impact of learning for different audiences in particular contexts. Support the preparation of additional training and leadership development modules/materials as part of the TRANSFORM curriculum. Coordinate inputs from external consultants and partners involved in the development, revision and enrichment of TRANSFORM modules/materials, and where relevant in the delivery of national applications at country level.
- Provide support to the expansion and adaptation of TRANSFORM to other (sub) regions in close collaboration with key focal points, including the TRANSFORM Arab Region Hub.
- Supervise the TRANSFORM regional support team (TRANSFORM coordination Hub) and the team of junior technical and administrative staff working in support of the initiative in ILO and other UN participating agencies.
Applicants must have:
- An Advanced degree in a relevant field (such as economics, social policy, law, international studies and/or other relevant social sciences field), with demonstrated expertise on social protection issues.
- At least 5 year’s of relevant professional experience with emphasis on social protection including at least two years at the international level
- Proven experience in the field of knowledge management, institutional strengthening and/or capacity building
- Experience with social protection systems and the TRANSFORM initiative is an advantage.
- Knowledge of the ILO normative frameworks on social protection is an advantage
- Excellent command of English.
- Working knowledge of French is an advantage.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit applications through online process.
For more information, visit ILO.