Deadline: 27 July 2020
The World Food Programme (WFP) is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of Logistics Officer in El Fasher, Sudan.
(Ad) Still, finding it difficult to find new grants and donors to support your work? No way to easily search and identify upcoming funding opportunities? No idea how to raise funds? We have a solution for you. Our Premium Membership service answers all your questions. Learn more.
World Food Programme is the world’s largest humanitarian agency fighting hunger worldwide.
Key Job Responsibilities
(Ad) Too many advertisements on this website? Get an ad-free and fully optimized website experience to find grants and donors of your interest. Premium Membership service offers a clean and user-friendly interface for you to raise funds successfully! Learn more.
The Logistics Officer will perform the following functions:
- Contribute towards the development of logistics plans and processes ensuring compliance with wider logistics policies and WFP standards.
- Support logistics projects or operational day-to-day activities following standard processes and contributing, directly or indirectly, to the effective delivery of food assistance to beneficiaries.
- Collect and analyse data through research and networking with colleagues to recommend actions to the supervisor to improve performance of local logistics operations.
- Conduct portions of financial analysis and budget reviews, drawing out insights and recommending actions to the supervisor to optimise use of available funds.
- Guide support staff, acting as a point of referral and supporting them with analysis and queries.
- Collate data and contribute to preparation of accurate and timely reporting, supporting a WFP wide view of logistics activities that enables informed decision making and consistency of information presented to stakeholders.
(Ad) Premium Membership offers unlimited search options to find your grants and donors. Search by country or thematic area of your work interest or even by keyword. View the number of open grants for your country. on a Google Map. Keep a watch on grant deadlines through a calendar. Learn more.
Applicants must have:
- First University Degree (Bachelor’s) in Transport Economics, Supply Chain, Logistics, Engineering, Business Management or other related field.
- Minimum 2 year’s of relevant professional experience in logistics management, supply chain management or related fields,.
- Experience in coordinating service providers’ contract execution.
- Experience in arranging supplier deliveries and the discharge of WFP vessels (rail, air, or sea).
- Experience in evaluating offers and writing proposals.
- Experience in report writing.
- Fluency in both English and Arabic.
How to Apply
(Ad) Too many emails about grants, but too few leads? Join Premium and use our Specific Email Alerts feature where you can select your country/countries and thematic areas of work interest and receive grant information accordingly. Learn more.
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, visit WFP.
(Ad) Our Premium Donor Search feature works like a mini-search engine. As soon as you define the search criteria and click on search, it scans the internet for the best possible matches of donor agencies based according to your interest and presents a list that you need. Learn more.