Deadline: 31 January 2020
Norwegian Refugee Council (NRC) is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of Monitoring and Evaluation Coordinator (Senior Data Analyst) in Nairobi, Kenya. The duration of this post is 1 year.
NRC provides assistance, protection and durable solutions to refugees and internally displaced persons worldwide.
Key Job Responsibilities
The Monitoring and Evaluation Coordinator will perform the following functions-
- Design, manage and analyse internal evaluation and research projects using quantitative methods in coordination with the Consortium MEAL Working Group.
- Clean, analyze and communicate quantitative data collected by BRCiS and external consultants including but not limited to the Consortium’s annual household interviews, seasonal monitoring surveys, Early Warning Early Action (EWEA) database, post-distribution monitoring (PDM) forms, etc.
- Prepare project reports, disseminate results and present results at internal and external events.
- Actively participate in technical meetings, trainings and workshops.
- Lead on the Consortium’s data visualization and dashboard presentation efforts.
- Manage and update the Consortium’s datasets including the BRCiS beneficiary database.
- Produce periodic analytical reports on data from NRC Global Outcome and Output Reporting System (GORS) in liaison with the Regional M&E Team.
- Liaise with respective M&E focal points in the region to collect lessons learnt and promote institutional learning in the field of resilience programming.
- Support the BRCiS Consortium’s research and learning agenda by providing technical assistance to the development, management, analysis and dissemination of the Consortium’s evaluation and research work.
- Contribute to the training of Consortium Members on the use of research and M&E tools.
- Contribute to the training of survey teams in the field, participates in the monitoring of surveys and interview protocols during data collection, conducts data back-checks and supervises field teams during data collection to ensure data quality.
- Provide technical support to supervise the research and evaluation projects done by external consultants, research companies and survey firms.
- Conduct statistical analysis on quantitative data collected.
- Prepare literature reviews and research briefs.
- Any other ad-hoc request defined by the M&E Manager.
Applicants must have:
(Ad) Are you still finding it difficult to search for donors online? Join Premium and use our powerful Donor Search mechanism to find relevant donors based on your country and location or keyword. Our specially developed algorithm will search across the internet for the most relevant and useful donors of your interest willing to fund your work. Learn more.
- Master’s Degree in Statistics, Economics, Public Policy, Mathematics or related fields.
- Strong technical understanding of statistics/econometrics is essential.
- 3-5 year’s of previous work experience in a related field.
- Extensive quantitative skills, including knowledge of and experience working with data analysis software (STATA, Python, R, Matlab).
- Experience working with different data types including but not limited to household survey data, phone surveys, panel surveys, perception-based measures, satellite imagery etc..
- Substantial experience applying a wide range of statistical methods to inform program design and change.
- Strong experience in Digital Data Gathering (DDG) technology (ODK or ONA preferred)including the ability to quickly digitalize/script large and complex surveys in XLS form.
- Excellent data visualizations skills including familiarity of using data visualizations software.
- Outstanding communication and report writing skills and the ability to translate complex statistical insights for non-technical audiences.
- Specialized knowledge of one or more thematic areas including but not limited: WASH, food security, gender, livelihoods, financial access, natural resource management, disaster risk reduction, unconditional cash transfers, or a related field.
- Experience in creating complex dashboards or managing the development of dashboard-building will serve as a distinct advantage.
- Experience working in the humanitarian sector is an asset but it can be substituted with substantial experience the private, governmental or development sector 4.
- Nationality of Kenya.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
(Ad) Not able to keep track of so may different grant opportunities and their deadlines? No problem! fundsforNGOs Premium has a handy tool called "Deadline Calendar." This tool will help you keep track of all upcoming grant opportunities and their deadlines and view them in a beautiful calendar format. Learn more.
For more information, please visit NRC.