Deadline: 21 August 2020
Norwegian Refugee Council (NRC) is currently seeking applications from eligible applicants for the post of Monitoring and Evaluation Officer in Kakuma, Kenya.
NRC provides assistance, protection and durable solutions to refugees and internally displaced persons worldwide.
Key Jobs Responsibilities
The Monitoring and Evaluation Officer will perform the following functions:
- Assist in development and administration of M&E and program data management system.
- Support the implementation of appropriate SOPs for M&E in line with NRC procedures including confidentiality and data protection.
- Development of appropriate M&E databases to store, analysis and present relevant information.
- Support to process and analyse routine M&E data captured by NRC and partners staff such as beneficiary registration and verification, baseline/end line surveys, and Post Distribution Monitoring (PDM) surveys.
- Support in data quality checks and in reporting internally and externally.
- Assist the Core Competencies (CCs) Teams to analyse data on needs and to standardize data and vulnerability analysis.
- Work with the M&E Team and project staff at Area level to develop systems for capturing and managing data on beneficiaries as well as relevant output and outcome indicators.
- Assist Projects staff to develop templates for M&E data capture throughout the project cycle.
- Support in training for NRC and partner organization on relevant aspects of data management.
- Assist in data audits to identify issues with data quality, reliability and relevance, and communicate problem areas to the M&E Coordinator.
Applicants must have:
- Preferable University Degree in statistics, economics, IT or related fields.
- Proficiency in English is essential.
- Minimum 3 year’s of previous job experience relevant to the function or in data management, statistics, analysis.
- Advanced MS Excel skills and experience of working with MS Access is required.
- Previous experience of working with SPSS, STATA, Epi Info and R is desirable.
- Skills in salesforce administration will have an added advantage.
- Good understanding of data and information needs for programme management and decision making.
- Strong data interpretation skills, report writing, and data presentation.
- Experience of providing training and capacity building to staff.
- Nationality of Kenya.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, visit NRC.