Deadline: 2 October 2018
United Nations Office for Project Services (UNOPS) is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of Monitoring and Evaluation Specialist in Brussels, Belgium.
UNOPS mission is to serve people in need by expanding the ability of the United Nations, governments and other partners to manage projects, infrastructure, and procurement in a sustainable and efficient manner.
Key Jobs Responsibilities
The Monitoring and Evaluation Specialist will perform the following functions-
- Contribute technical expertise in maintaining, reviewing and updating the Cities Alliance Results Framework, annual Corporate Scorecard and the overall Results Based Management system for the organisation.
- Track, analyse, aggregate and provide quality assurance for M&E data in relation to the core indicators of the Results Framework and the Corporate Scorecard.
- Evaluate Plan for the organisation including assessing and planning the evaluation obligations and needs through a variety of methods, including desk/field evaluations and thematic assessments.
- Ensure that corrective actions are taken and adjustments are made to programmes/projects as required.
- Conduct training seminars, workshops, and technical meetings to develop the capacity of the Cities Alliance Secretariat staff members and, where required, provide training and support to stakeholders regarding the various aspects of M&E.
Applicants must have-
- Master’s degree in Statistics, Economics, Business Administration, Development Studies, Urban Studies, Social and Political Science or related fields is required.
- Bachelor’s degree together with 2 years’ additional relevant experience may be accepted in lieu of the Master’s degree.
- Minimum 5 years of Master’s degree or 7 years of Bachelor’s degree of demonstrated expertise with quantitative and qualitative monitoring and evaluation approaches to technical and socio-economic aspects of development programmes and projects including experience with the application of qualitative and quantitative methods and data/information treatment.
- Demonstrated advanced skills across one or some of the following: quantitative analysis, qualitative methodologies, survey design, administration, and other data collection methods, Excel/SPSS and other data management software, data representation and infographics is required.
- Experience with input/output-based corporate reports/methods (balanced scorecard, key performance indicators. value-for-money etc.) is considered an asset.
- Working knowledge of French and Spanish would be considered an asset.
- Fluency in English is required.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, please visit UNOPS.