Deadline: 28 July 2020
Food and Agriculture Organization (FAO) is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of National Project Assistant in Azerbaijan.
Food and Agriculture Organization (FAO) is a specialized agency of the United Nations that leads international efforts to defeat hunger.
Key Job Responsibilities
The National Project Assistant will perform the following functions-
- Support Project Manager in daily follow up and coordination of the project’s implementation according to the approved workplan.
- Liaise between FAO, the national project team and the related ministries and institutions, coordinating their work.
- Make regular visits to rural and urban areas within the project target region to liaise and communicate with key stakeholders at the regional level.
- Initiate and follow-through all necessary administrative actions, following FAO standard procedures and requirements.
- Assist in the timely implementation of procurement actions and contracts according to FAO procedures.
- Provide administrative support for the arrangements for workshops, training, seminars, recruitment of national consultants and field days as required according to the work plan.
- Provide administrative support for field missions.
- Participate and assist in summarizing the results of surveys as well as findings from meetings in the regions.
- Support the development and implementation of the PR strategy for the project; assist the preparation of visibility materials and communication materials by providing necessary inputs and information that will be used in outreach and mass media campaigns.
Applicants must have:
- University Degree on social and administrative sciences such as economics, statistics, business administration, political sciences, international relations, sociology, social work, development studies with a focus on rural and community development and/or a degree on agrarian sciences or agronomy with an understanding of social and economic dimensions of rural and agrarian contexts.
- Experience working with rural communities, rural business development or organization of trainings.
- Knowledge or ability of learning and understanding the FAO Guidelines.
- Fluency in written and spoken in English and Azerbaijani.
- Russian will be asset.
- Minimum 1 year of working experience in similar assignments (project/program management).
- National of Azerbaijan.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit applications through online process.
For more information, visit FAO.