Deadline: 28 April 2020
Food and Agriculture Organization (FAO) is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of National Project Coordinator in Nur-Sultan, Kazakhstan. The duration of this post is 11 months.
(Ad) Still, finding it difficult to find new grants and donors to support your work? No way to easily search and identify upcoming funding opportunities? No idea how to raise funds? We have a solution for you. Our Premium Membership service answers all your questions. Learn more.
Food and Agriculture Organization (FAO) is a specialized agency of the United Nations that leads international efforts to defeat hunger.
Key Job Responsibilities
(Ad) Too many advertisements on this website? Get an ad-free and fully optimized website experience to find grants and donors of your interest. Premium Membership service offers a clean and user-friendly interface for you to raise funds successfully! Learn more.
The National Project Coordinator will perform the following functions-
- Plan and design all project activities in the country, including preparation of the national-level Annual Work Plan (AWP), and support the regional project coordinator in the preparation of the project’s regional AWP based on the project document.
- Coordinate the establishment of the reporting and monitoring and evaluation system at the national level in accordance with FAO/GEF requirements, introduce and maintain the system of reporting and adaptive management where appropriate.
- Implement and/or supervise the outcome monitoring system, designed by the programme, for capacity building and awareness activities for organisations, groups and individuals at national and local level.
- Ensure implementation of project activities in accordance with work plan and facilitate the two-ways flow of information and knowledge between the field and national/regional project components/activities.
- Support FAOSEC office for coordination of the procurement processes, supervise and coordinate developing national procurement plan and budget, supervise expenditure planning and monitoring, follow up capacity building of the national staff in following financial and procurement procedures at the national level in accordance with FAO rules and regulations.
(Ad) Premium Membership offers unlimited search options to find your grants and donors. Search by country or thematic area of your work interest or even by keyword. View the number of open grants for your country. on a Google Map. Keep a watch on grant deadlines through a calendar. Learn more.
Applicants must have:
- University Degree in Development Economics, Environmental Sciences, Agriculture Sciences, Economics, Natural Resources Management, Rural Development, or any other related fields with extensive experience in project management and implementation of sustainable land management (SLM) practices.
- At least 5 year’s of demonstrated experience in project management, at the local level or/and international level with extensive knowledge of application of Sustainable Land Management practices.
- Advanced level of English and Russian languages is required, and a good command of local language will be an advantage.
- Nationality of Kazakhstan.
How to Apply
(Ad) Too many emails about grants, but too few leads? Join Premium and use our Specific Email Alerts feature where you can select your country/countries and thematic areas of work interest and receive grant information accordingly. Learn more.
Applicants must submit applications through online process.
For more information, visit FAO.
(Ad) Our Premium Donor Search feature works like a mini-search engine. As soon as you define the search criteria and click on search, it scans the internet for the best possible matches of donor agencies based according to your interest and presents a list that you need. Learn more.