Deadline: 27 May 2023
Food and Agriculture Organization (FAO) is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of National Specialist on Food Security Analysis and Policies in Tajikistan.
Food and Agriculture Organization (FAO) is a specialized agency of the United Nations that leads international efforts to defeat hunger.
Key Job Responsibilities
The National Specialist on Food Security Analysis and Policies will perform the following functions-
- Collect statistical data on food security based on the methodology developed by FAO;
- Identify and review studies and research papers on food security, food self-sufficiency, agri-food trade, agri-food markets, national gain reserve and social protection programmes in Tajikistan;
- Identify and review national policy documents on food security, food self-sufficiency, agri-food trade, agri-food markets, national gain reserve and social protection programmes;
- Summarize key figures and findings collected from activities 1, 2 and 3 above mentioned in Tasks and responsibilities;
- Provide inputs to the report drafted by FAO experts and support the authors to find missing information and data;
- Organize a national workshop and prepare workshop materials including participant list, invitation letter, agenda and presentations;
- Maintain and coordinate a share drive to archive technical materials collected for all project related activities;
- Assist the national stakeholders in organizing missions including the one for attending a cross-country workshop planned in November 2023;
- Closely review the progress of the activities and suggest necessary actions;
- Assist coordination with other UN agencies supporting similar activities such as national food security program; and
- Perform any other duties as required.
Applicant must have:
- University degree in economics, food security, agricultural economics, or a related field;
- At least 5 years’ professional experience in the area of food security and/or agricultural policies and programmes;
- Excellent knowledge of Tajik and Russian languages ;
- Good written and oral communication skills in English will be an asset;
- Nationality of Tajikistan.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit applications through online process.
For more information, visit FAO.