Deadline: 9 April 2020
Food and Agriculture Organization (FAO) is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of Nutrition and Food Systems Officer (Food Policy Economist) in Dhaka, Bangladesh. The duration of this post is 1 year.
Food and Agriculture Organization (FAO) is a specialized agency of the United Nations that leads international efforts to defeat hunger.
Key Job Responsibilities
(Ad) Stop getting irritated with excessing advertisements. View the information you want quickly on a clean, ad-free and exclusive Member Dashboard that offers tools to search for grants, view latest grant opportunities, upcoming deadlines, sample proposals, downloadable ebooks and also organize your favourites! Learn more.
The Nutrition and Food Systems Officer (Food Policy Economist) will perform the following functions-
- Research and analyse [agricultural, economic, trade, market, social, environmental, nutrition/food composition and/or gender related] data, statistics and information to provide technical, statistical and/or policy related information and analysis to support the delivery of economic and social development programmes work, products, projects, publications and services.
- Produce a variety of technical reports and input for technical documents, departmental publications and/or web pages.
- Provide technical, statistical, and/or analytical services on various studies, projects, and/or assessments and provides technical backstopping to field projects.
- Participate in the development of improved/updated technical, statistical and/or analytical tools, methodologies, systems, databases, and/or key social/ economic/ environmental/ nutritional and/or early warning indicators, etc..
- Participate in multidisciplinary teams, collaborates with other departments and agencies on work groups and committees and promotes best practices.
- Collaborate in capacity development activities involving the planning and organizing of training workshops, seminars, and major meetings and the preparation of related information, materials, online tools and information kits.
- Promote knowledge sharing and best practices at international meetings and conferences and influences partners in stakeholder consultations.
- Participate in resource mobilization activities.
(Ad) Are you still finding it difficult to search for donors online? Join Premium and use our powerful Donor Search mechanism to find relevant donors based on your country and location or keyword. Our specially developed algorithm will search across the internet for the most relevant and useful donors of your interest willing to fund your work. Learn more.
Applicants must have:
- Advanced University Degree in development economics or public policy, nutrition, nutrition policy, food studies or a related field.
- 5 year’s of relevant experience in project management, economics/financial and statistical analysis related to food and nutrition security, agricultural and agribusiness development, or related topics.
- Work experience in more than one location or area of work, particularly in field positions is desirable.
- Extent and relevance of experience in economics or socio-economics including socioeconomic and financial analysis of policies and interventions related to food and nutrition security, agricultural and agribusiness development, or related topics.
- Demonstrated capacity to develop business models and business plans.
- Demonstrated capacity to convert analysis into policy and recommendations for interventions.
- Extent and relevance of experience in urban contexts of developing countries is an asset.
- Working knowledge of English and limited knowledge of another FAO official language (Arabic, Chinese, French, Russian or Spanish).
How to Apply
(Ad) Not able to keep track of so may different grant opportunities and their deadlines? No problem! fundsforNGOs Premium has a handy tool called "Deadline Calendar." This tool will help you keep track of all upcoming grant opportunities and their deadlines and view them in a beautiful calendar format. Learn more.
Applicants must submit applications through online process.
For more information, visit FAO.
(Ad) Are you looking for readymade proposals? fundsforNGOs Premium has a vast collection of Sample Proposals from successful grantees around the world. These proposals are available for viewing so that you can quickly get new ideas, best practices, lessons learned and develop your proposal in the perfect manner. Learn more.