Deadline: 10 April 2017
The World Bank Group (WBG) is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of Operations Analyst in Honiara, Solomon Islands.
The Operations Analyst will provide support to project teams, and contribute to strengthening the relations with a broad range of stakeholders in Solomon Islands, particularly Government, Development Partners, Private Sector and Civil Society.
WBG has set two ambitious goals to push extreme poverty to no more 3 percent by 2030, and to promote shared prosperity and greater equity in the developing world.
Key Jobs Responsibilities
The Operations Analyst will perform the following functions-
- Support the implementation of World Bank Operations in Solomon Islands, with a focus on timeliness, quality and results of country deliverables.
- Carry out research and analytical tasks on a wide range of operational, country and sector issues, review and interpret information/data, identify issues and recommend actions/solutions.
- Participate – when requested – in World Bank implementation support visits, and assist tasks teams in addressing implementation challenges.
- Provide guidance to task teams on operations procedures and help resolve operations issues.
- Support the strengthening of relations with a broad range of stakeholders in Solomon Islands.
- Contribute to specific operational activities at all stages of the project cycle, including participation in the design and development of specific project components, coordination with development partners, implementation support, M&E and reporting.
- Prepare and update country briefs and presentations.
- Support the visits of World Bank Group Senior Managers in the country.
- Coordinate operational meetings for the country office.
- Respond to ad hoc information requests from internal and external parties.
- Carry out other activities upon assignments by the Country Representative.
Applicants must have-
- Master’s Degree (MA/MS) in economics, public policy, business administration, social science, or other relevant discipline, plus a minimum 2 years of direct relevant experience, or BA/BS in relevant discipline plus 5 or more years of relevant experience.
- Proven analytical and problem-solving skills and proven ability to apply these in carrying out complex research and operational tasks, identifying issues, presenting findings/ recommendations and contributing to resolution of sector and country issues.
- Strong understanding of project management concepts.
- Excellent data analysis skills and ability to quickly compile and verify information and produce concise, well-written documents and correspondence in English.
- Proficiency in Excel with pivot tables, conditional formatting, macros and charts.
- Excellent communications skills, both in oral presentations and in writing sections of papers, briefs, independent reports, etc.
- Excellent skills in wide range of computer programs and in the use of relevant software applications, including Word, Excel and Power Point.
- Willingness and ability to learn new programs.
- Excellent written and spoken communication skills in English, and fluency in Pijin.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, please visit WBG.