Deadline: 26 October 2018
The World Bank Group (WBG) is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of Operations Officer in Pohnpei, Micronesia. The duration of this post is 2 years.
The position will report to the World Bank Groups (WBG) Operations Manager for PNG and Pacific Islands in Sydney under the day to day supervision of the Senior Country Officer for the North Pacific based in Washington, DC.
WBG has set two ambitious goals first is reducing extreme poverty to 3% by 2030 and second is promoting shared prosperity by fostering income growth of the bottom 40% of the population in every country.
Key Jobs Responsibilities
The Operations Officer will perform the following functions-
- Report to the Operations Manager and work closely with the North Pacific Senior Country Officer on portfolio quality issues.
- Provide strategic guidance to the WBG on the evolving political, institutional and economic realities in North Pacific countries. This will include reporting on major events such as annual budgets, expenditure review outcomes, elections etc.
- Provide support to WBG missions and staff visits through involvement in the preparation, coordination, planning and logistics of visits. Also assist where necessary in preparing briefings, gathering information, reporting and mission/visit follow-up.
- Facilitate the design and establishment of implementation arrangements by working closely with the task teams and clients, including, as necessary, providing hands on support to the initial set-up and operationalization of Central Implementation Support Units and ensuring consistency with project implementation arrangements across the portfolio.
- Pilot innovative approaches to implementation and link implementing units to broader Bank knowledge in procurement and financial management.
- Assist with analyzing portfolio trends/issues impacting project implementation and identify possible solutions for improving the portfolio as needed.
- Document periodically, in writing, key lessons learned during project implementation and innovative approaches which the Bank can extend to other pacific islands or low capacity countries.
- Facilitate communication between the WBG, the North Pacific Governments and executing agencies, as well as the development partner community and report on donor activities.
- Regularly liaise with the Bank’s communication department on opportunities to expand the local media coverage of the World Bank Group and help formulate appropriate media messages for achieving a greater exposure and broader information dissemination results in the country.
Applicants must have:
- Master’s Degree (MA/MS) in economics, public policy, development studies, business administration, social science, or other relevant discipline, plus a minimum 5 years of direct relevant experience.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills in English.
- Experience working in government organizations, fiscal, economic and development aid management agencies, with past involvement in public relations and information dissemination being an advantage.
- A sound understanding of World Bank Instruments Policies and Procedures, including Safeguards, FM and Procurement.
- Strong interpersonal and organizational skills and ability to work independently;
- Computer skills, especially in the use of Microsoft Word and Excel;
- Familiarity with Pacific culture and institutions is required.
How to apply
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, please visit WBG.