Deadline: 13 November 2017
United Nations International Children’s Emergency Fund (UNICEF) is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of Operations Officer in Panama.
UNICEF works for a world in which every child has a fair chance in life.
Key Jobs Responsibilities
The Operations Officer will perform the following functions-
- Establish work plans with the team; set strategies and performance targets and indicators to determine priorities and to monitor progress.
- Ensure timely availability of funds for UNICEF operations while minimizing financial risks.
- Promote and lead recruitment, benefits administration, staff/management relation, staff security, and wellbeing, performance management, organizational development and capacity building; ensuring their delivery according to organizational goals, rules, regulations, policies and procedures and standards of performance, equity, ethics and transparency.
- Approve and/or recommend (to the Representative) the acquisition/procurement, safekeeping, inventory and disposal of assets. Supervise all processes ensuring compliance with policies, regulations and procedures and reporting standards and ethics.
- Monitor operations’ performance to identify weakness, areas for improvement and potential problems.
Applicants must have –
- University degree in business administration, accounting, economics, financial management or other related social science field is required.
- Minimum 1 year of proven successful professional experience in financial management and business operations at the managerial level is required.
- Experience in a UN system agency or international organization some of which served in a developing country is an asset.
- Experience and ability to independently manage activities that include multiple stakeholders in complex environments;
- working knowledge of data analysis and operation metrics;
- working knowledge of IT/Business infrastructure and MS Office (medium level Excel).
- Experience in dealing with ambiguous situations ensuring achieving of results under tight time constraints.
- Experience in leading staff towards success.
- Fluency in Spanish and English is required.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, please visit UNICEF.