Deadline: 25 June 2020
UN Women is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of Partnership Development Specialist in New York, United States. The duration of this post is 1 year.
UN Women is the UN organization dedicated to gender equality and the empowerment of women.
Key Job Responsibilities
The Partnership Development Specialist will perform the following functions-
- Manage design and roll out of an Engagement Strategy with the Public Sector in close coordination with the Action Coalitions Leads and the Action Coalition Programme Manager and building on the expertise and knowledge of the Strategic Partnership Division (SPD):
- Develop a holistic mapping to identify key public sector stakeholders to approach and involve in the Action Coalitions Leadership and Membership Structure in close coordination with the relevant divisions within UN Women.
- Develop a targeted engagement approach by cluster and integrating the stakeholders’ strategic priorities and the Action Coalitions ambition, themes and actions.
- Provide guidance and advice on the development of a targeted commitment approach to ensure that the private stakeholders are committed to the most impactful commitment.
- Provide guidance and advice on the development of an accountability framework to ensure effective implementation and adjustment of the commitments made by the public sector’s key stakeholders.
- Manage, and facilitate the engagement of public sector partners for Action Coalitions:
- Identify opportunities to promote the partnership at high visibility donor events.
- Work closely with the communication and advocacy units of partners and optimize their contributions.
- Ensure a regular flow of information with public sector partners using communications materials to encourage commitments, dialogue and engagement.
- Coordinate closely with the staff working within other technical areas of the Actions Coalitions synergies for collaboration.
- Oversee the Action Coalitions’ partnerships agreements:
- Manage contractual agreements/negotiations with public sector partners in line with UN Women’s rules and regulations.
- Lead and consolidate risk management for public sector partnerships within the Action Coalitions.
Applicants must have:
- Master’s Degree or equivalent in economics, business management, social sciences, public administration, international relations, communications, women’s studies, or a related field is required.
- First-Level University Degree in combination with 2 additional year’s of qualifying experience may be accepted in lieu of the advanced university degree.
- At least 7 year’s of progressively responsible experience in resource mobilization, communications/ advocacy, and/or business development.
- Experience in developing strategic partnerships.
- Experience in gender equality and women’s empowerment.
- Fluency in English is required.
- Knowledge of the other UN language is an asset.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, visit UN Women.