Deadline: 16 July 2022
Food and Agriculture Organization (FAO) is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of Partnership Officer in Rome, Italy. The duration of this post is 2 years.
Food and Agriculture Organization (FAO) is a specialized agency of the United Nations that leads international efforts to defeat hunger.
Key Job Responsibilities
The Partnership Officer will perform the following functions-
- Assists with the implementation of the FAO Strategy for Private Sector Engagement 2021-2025 at the global, regional or national level.
- Supports the identification, promotion and development of strategic linkages and synergies between private sector actors and the FAO Strategic Framework and regional initiatives.
- Contributes to the identification and analysis of potential new private sector engagement opportunities; monitors the contribution of private sector engagement portfolio to the Strategy for Private Sector Engagement, the FAO Strategic Framework and the achievement of the Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs).
- Supports FAO programmes/projects to the private sector to create opportunities for transformational engagements, existing and potential private sector partners to create interest in FAO/Decentralized Office’s programmes/projects.
- Contributes to preparing briefs and other documents explaining private sector entity policies/trends and alerts senior management on major issues with proposals to improve FAO’s engagements at local/regional levels.
- Analyses the quality, consistency and appropriateness of country-specific partnership materials, activities, processes and messages shared with partners.
Applicants must have:
- Advanced university degree in international relations, public relations, political science, international cooperation for development, development economics or a related field.
- 3 year’s of relevant experience in international cooperation for development, donor aid programmes, government, fundraising, negotiations and/or public relations/advocacy or related areas.
- Working knowledge (proficient – level C) of English and limited knowledge (intermediate – level B) of French.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit applications through online process.
For more information, visit FAO.