Deadline: 22 October 2019
UN Women is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of Partnerships and Resource Mobilization Specialist in New York, United States. The duration of this post is 1 year.
The Partnerships and Resource Mobilization Specialist will will manage external relations and the overall partnership portfolio of an assigned group of countries.
UN Women is the UN organization dedicated to gender equality and the empowerment of women.
Key Job Responsibilities
The Partnerships and Resource Mobilization Specialist will perform the following functions-
- Manage the external relations and overall partnership of assigned funding partner portfolio:
- Develop and implement partnership, advocacy and resource mobilization strategies and workplans for assigned government funding partners in coordination with different UN Women divisions, and Regional and Country Offices.
- Implement and manage resource mobilization activities with the objective of increasing unrestricted Regular Resources and flexible and predictable earmarked Other Resources.
- Identify possible sources of new and continued funding.
- Monitor and evaluate existing resource mobilization channels to ensure achievement of UN Women resource mobilization goals to meet the objectives and financial targets of the Strategic Plan.
- Lead and oversee the capturing and dissemination of partner intelligence:
- Act as the central capacity for capturing real-time intelligence on partner policies and priorities for dissemination to offices globally, to promote Win-Win partner engagement.
- Prepare comprehensive and substantive briefs, reports, statistics, revenue projections and requirements for Executive Director’s meetings with minister-level counterparts, senior funding government officials, senior parliamentarians, or heads of major institutions.
- Proactively support field and HQ offices on resource mobilization and partnership opportunities:
- Advise field and HQ offices of funding opportunities for Other Resources and on their relations with assigned partners.
- Guide and support field offices to prepare and package programme proposals for assigned resource partners.
- Encourage timely and quality donor reporting from grant-holding offices.
- Supervise assigned personnel:
- Promote a healthy working environment and supervise personnel, including by supporting personnel in the achievement of their career goals, ensuring appropriate learning, training and development, and actively participating in timely planning and assessing of performance.
(Ad) Are you still finding it difficult to search for donors online? Join Premium and use our powerful Donor Search mechanism to find relevant donors based on your country and location or keyword. Our specially developed algorithm will search across the internet for the most relevant and useful donors of your interest willing to fund your work. Learn more.
Applicants must have:
- Master’s degree or equivalent in economics, business management, social sciences, public administration, international relations, communications, women’s studies, or a related field is required;
- A first-level university degree in combination with two additional years of qualifying experience may be accepted in lieu of the advanced university degree.
- At least 7 years of progressively responsible experience in resource mobilization, communications/ advocacy, and/or business development.
- Experience working with international institutions and government partners.
- Experience working on gender equality issues is an asset.
- Experience working in the UN system is an asset.
- Fluency in English is required.
- Knowledge of the other UN official working language is an asset.
How to Apply
(Ad) Not able to keep track of so may different grant opportunities and their deadlines? No problem! fundsforNGOs Premium has a handy tool called "Deadline Calendar." This tool will help you keep track of all upcoming grant opportunities and their deadlines and view them in a beautiful calendar format. Learn more.
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, please visit UN Women.
(Ad) Are you looking for readymade proposals? fundsforNGOs Premium has a vast collection of Sample Proposals from successful grantees around the world. These proposals are available for viewing so that you can quickly get new ideas, best practices, lessons learned and develop your proposal in the perfect manner. Learn more.