Deadline: 7 August 2020
United Nations Development Programme (UNDP) is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of Policy Specialist, Inclusive Growth in New York, United States.
UNDP works in nearly 170 countries and territories, helping to achieve the eradication of poverty, and the reduction of inequalities and exclusion.
Key Job Responsibilities
The Policy Specialist, Inclusive Growth will perform the following functions-
- Policy Formulation and Development.
- Policy Advice/ Programme and Project Delivery Support.
- Policy Positioning and Representation.
- Partnerships Development and Resource Mobilization.
- Knowledge Management.
Applicants must have:
- Advanced University Degree (Master’s or equivalent) in Economics, Statistics, Social Policy, Public Policy, or related disciplines, with strong emphasis on socio-economic development.
- 7 year’s of professional work experience in poverty reduction strategy processes, including reduction of inequalities and gender equality issues and awareness of SDG-relevant policy matters, providing policy advice and advancing the development and implementation of inclusive growth/poverty alleviation approaches in different development contexts.
- Proven track record and in the UN System related to inclusive growth, poverty eradication, including the development and application of tools for policy analysis.
- Strong analytical skills in socio-economic and environmental dimensions of sustainable development, with sound macroeconomics experience in modelling and analysis.
- Experience working in developing country settings is required.
- Fluency in English, both written and oral.
- Working knowledge of another UN language is an asset.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, visit UNDP.