Deadline: 26 May 2017
Global Climate Fund (GCF) is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of Portfolio Management Specialist in Songdo, South Korea. The duration of this post is 3 years.
The Portfolio Management Specialist will make a crucial contribution to the efficient management of GCF’s Portfolio.
The mission of the Green Climate Fund is to expand collective human action to respond to climate change – the defining challenge of our time.
Key Jobs Responsibilities
The Portfolio Management Specialist will perform the following functions-
- Contribute to the establishment of procedure and process relating to the Project and Programme cycle.
- Assist the Manager in setting up and operationalizing the PM function, participate in building the required system, manual and operating procedure of PM.
- Ensure the satisfactory implementation throughout the life cycle of Project and Programme once they are approved and handed over to PM.
- Maintain and nurture good relationship with Project and Programme stakeholder.
- Understand and proactively manage stakeholder need while looking out for GCF’s interest.
- Ensure the timely signature of Funded Activity Agreement and fulfillment of effectiveness condition, process disbursement request.
- Monitor and ensure compliance of Project/Programme with Funded Activity Agreement, policy and procedure.
- Prepare periodic review at Project/Programme and portfolio level, risk update, etc., ensure timely resolution of waiver and amendment request.
- Identify early warning signal for the assigned Project/Programme, and where relevant, contribute to corrective action.
Applicants must have-
- Masters level in economics, finance, sustainable development, climate policy, environmental sciences, engineering or related fields.
- 4 years of relevant work experience of which 2 years is in Climate finance and specifically renewable energy, with an emphasis on low carbon transactions.
- Excellent writing and presentation skills.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills in English are essential for this position.
- Knowledge of another UN language an advantage.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their CV and a letter of interest in a single PDF file via email given on the website.
For more information, please download the PDF GCF.