Deadline: 19 June 2020
Asian Development Bank (ADB) is currently seeking applications from eligible applicants for the post of Principal Planning and Policy Economist in Manila, Philippines. The duration of this post is 3 years.
(Ad) Still, finding it difficult to find new grants and donors to support your work? No way to easily search and identify upcoming funding opportunities? No idea how to raise funds? We have a solution for you. Our Premium Membership service answers all your questions. Learn more.
The ADB aims for an Asia and Pacific free from poverty.
Key Jobs Responsibilities
(Ad) Too many advertisements on this website? Get an ad-free and fully optimized website experience to find grants and donors of your interest. Premium Membership service offers a clean and user-friendly interface for you to raise funds successfully! Learn more.
The Principal Planning and Policy Economist will perform the following functions-
- Lead implementing “collaboration”, promoting “One ADB”, and facilitating collaboration between sovereign and nonsovereign operations.
- Lead together with Sustainable Development and Climate Change Department (SDCC) the ADB-wide innovation task force, promotes innovation initiatives and activities, identifies operational innovation including criteria for innovative projects, formulates innovation framework and guidance note, and proposes solutions to resolve constraints including constraints in business process, staffing and resources.
- Lead TA review, operational planning for TA; and provides advice on TA quality and policy compliance to Director, SPOP.
- Lead knowledge ADB-wide support as SPD focal.
- Contribute to the preparation of the annual Operations Resource Parameters for President’s approval, the Planning Directions for approval of President, the Work Program and Budget Framework for Management’s approval and discussion by the Board of Directors.
- In the context of resource planning, coordinates support to the achievement of ADB’s operational objectives, in harnessing opportunities for strategy and policy direction, where opportunities arise, e.g. private sector operations and private public partnerships.
- Contribute to SPD’s quality review function of selected Reports and Recommendations of the President and Project Concept Papers, including Country Partnership Strategies, and Country Operations Business Plans (COBPs).
(Ad) Premium Membership offers unlimited search options to find your grants and donors. Search by country or thematic area of your work interest or even by keyword. View the number of open grants for your country. on a Google Map. Keep a watch on grant deadlines through a calendar. Learn more.
Applicants must have:
- Master’s Degree, or equivalent, in Economics.
- University Degree in Economics combined with specialized experience in similar organization/s, may be considered in lieu of a Master’s degree.
- At least 12 year’s of relevant professional work experience.
- Strong background of knowledge of ADB or any multilateral development bank’s operations is an advantage.
- Significant expertise within a specific corporate operational priority, or breadth across multiple areas with in-depth knowledge within corporate operational priorities.
- Credible expert in field of expertise with recognized ability to lead, exercise supervision, coordinate, and plan over multi-disciplinary team/unit.
- Recognized ability to utilize and share relevant knowledge to benefit the broader ADB community.
- International experience working in several countries with experience in multilateral or bilateral agency’s resident missions or field offices an advantage.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills in English.
How to Apply
(Ad) Too many emails about grants, but too few leads? Join Premium and use our Specific Email Alerts feature where you can select your country/countries and thematic areas of work interest and receive grant information accordingly. Learn more.
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, visit ADB.
(Ad) Our Premium Donor Search feature works like a mini-search engine. As soon as you define the search criteria and click on search, it scans the internet for the best possible matches of donor agencies based according to your interest and presents a list that you need. Learn more.