Deadline: 23 May 2017
Global Climate Fund (GCF) is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of Private Sector Facility in Songdo, South Korea. The duration of this post is 3 years.
The Private Sector Facility will be responsible for assisting the team with a range of operational and analytical tasks necessary for the ongoing operationalization of the Fund.
The mission of the Green Climate Fund is to expand collective human action to respond to climate change – the defining challenge of our time.
Key Jobs Responsibilities
The Private Sector Facility will perform the following functions-
- Conduct research, data collection and analysis, draft written report.
- Engage with the Fund’s staff, accredited entities and other stakeholders through e-mail and phone call.
- Provide operational support in developing pipeline, reviewing investment proposal drafts, and monitoring portfolio.
- Build and operate financial models and conduct related risk, sensitivity and scenario analyse.
- Perform second level due diligence project finance transactions in all of GCF’s eight strategic result area: energy, transport, cities and industries, land use and REDD+, livelihood, health, food and water, infrastructure and ecosystem.
- Liaise with domain-level specialists within GCF to obtain their specific inputs on funding proposal.
Applicants must have-
- Masters level in economics, finance, sustainable development, climate policy, environmental sciences, engineering or related fields.
- 4 years of relevant work experience of which 2 years is in Climate finance and specifically renewable energy, with an emphasis on low carbon transactions.
- Experience in an international setting.
- Strong competence and autonomy in the use of standard software programmes: Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Outlook, and Access.
- Excellent writing and presentation skills.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills in English are essential for this position.
- Knowledge of another UN language an advantage.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their CV and a letter of interest in a single PDF file via email given on the website.
For more information, please download the PDF GCF.