Deadline: 14 December 2018
The World Bank Group (WBG) is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of Private Sector Specialist in New Delhi, India. The duration of this post 3 years.
WBG has set 2 ambitious goals to push extreme poverty to no more 3 percent by 2030, and to promote shared prosperity and greater equity in the developing world.
Key Jobs Responsibilities
(Ad) Stop getting irritated with excessing advertisements. View the information you want quickly on a clean, ad-free and exclusive Member Dashboard that offers tools to search for grants, view latest grant opportunities, upcoming deadlines, sample proposals, downloadable ebooks and also organize your favourites! Learn more.
The Private Sector Specialist will perform the following functions-
- Contribute to the policy dialogue on the investment climate topics, including business regulations, legal, regulatory and institutional issues related to the business environment; investment policy, investment promotion, and trade facilitation with key government and private sector counterparts in India.
- Contribute as core team member to private sector consultations, working closely with private sector associations, including, as appropriate sectoral federations.
- The candidate is expected to contribute and link-up with MTI’s global investment climate teams, to provide knowledge, advice and guidance on global best practice.
- Applicant will be expected to share knowledge and information and contribute, as appropriate, to global knowledge generation and dissemination.
- Work closely with IFC and WB country management teams to ensure the integration of relevant MTI issues articulated in the Country Partnership Frameworks and country work programs.
- As required the candidate will produce technical notes, briefings, presentations, donor reports, etc.
- Support in developing effective coordination with other Global Practices (GPs), key clients and development partners.
- The candidate will be expected to engage in business development by establishing strategic relationships with country clients, donors, and IFC and WB management.
- The candidate will lead different advisory projects, oversee budget management, project reporting, procurement of consultants, results measurement, donor relationships, as well as facilitate cross learning across projects, regions and best practices.
(Ad) Are you still finding it difficult to search for donors online? Join Premium and use our powerful Donor Search mechanism to find relevant donors based on your country and location or keyword. Our specially developed algorithm will search across the internet for the most relevant and useful donors of your interest willing to fund your work. Learn more.
Applicants must have-
- A Master’s degree in law, business, economics, public policy or a closely related field.
- The position requires a motivated and seasoned private sector specialist, with strong experience in the investment climate space with a focus on business regulation, investment policy and promotion and trade facilitation.
- At least 5 to 8 years’ combined working experience in the business regulation/investment policy and promotion/trade facilitation space.
- Experience working in India is a strong plus.
- Proven track record of leading engagements that included part of the following: investment climate policy design, investment policy promotion, legal/regulatory review and drafting of legislation and regulation working with the private sector, international organizations and government.
- Demonstrable experience with using networks for collaboration in both operations and knowledge management.
- The candidate should have strong interpersonal and client engagement skills, strong program management skills and a commitment to work in a multi-sectoral environment in a developing country context.
- Effective project management skills, in particular government-facing technical assistance projects, as well as capacity to contribute to and influence policy discussions at the senior government level.
- Ability and willingness to prepare and supervise multiple and complex projects including – leading project supervision and completion reports, overseeing result and impact measurement activities, producing donor reports and technical notes, etc.
- Ability to understand and analyze complex problems and develop innovative approaches.
- Proven ability to manage complex projects and programs.
- Ability to gain the trust and respect of country counterparts and colleagues in other sectors, regions and the World Bank Group, while maintaining objectivity and clear focus on the IFC’s mission.
- Fluency in English is required.
- Fluency in Hindi will be an added advantage.
- Nationality of India.
How to Apply
(Ad) Not able to keep track of so may different grant opportunities and their deadlines? No problem! fundsforNGOs Premium has a handy tool called "Deadline Calendar." This tool will help you keep track of all upcoming grant opportunities and their deadlines and view them in a beautiful calendar format. Learn more.
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, please visit WBG.
(Ad) Are you looking for readymade proposals? fundsforNGOs Premium has a vast collection of Sample Proposals from successful grantees around the world. These proposals are available for viewing so that you can quickly get new ideas, best practices, lessons learned and develop your proposal in the perfect manner. Learn more.