Deadline: 3 March 2021
The World Food Programme (WFP) is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of Programme Assistant in Lebanon.
World Food Programme is the world’s largest humanitarian agency fighting hunger worldwide.
Key Job Responsibilities
The Programme Assistant will perform the following functions:
- Act as field focal point in liaising with Government partners and WFP cooperating partners (CPs) focal point in the overall field supervision of the ongoing scale-up of the national social protection programme supported by WFP, the National Poverty Targeting Program (NPTP), as well as future other programmes including the forthcoming ESSN of the Government of Lebanon.
- Coordinate distribution schedules and related logistics affairs with other program assistants to ensure no overlapping with the distribution of other programs.
- Regularly follow-up with relevant stakeholder (internal and external) to ensure work plans for NPTP verification, other social protection programs, and cards/PINs distributions are undertaken on time.
- Support supervision of data collection, verification and quality control of social protection programme operations in close collaboration with Government and WFP cooperating partners, to ensure that the quality of the operation is in line with WFP standards.
- Provide regular updates and field mission reports to the WFP FO and SP Unit on the status of verification/data collection, distributions, and other relevant programme activities.
- Maintain records of plans and documentation of progress in implementation of NPTP scale-up activities.
Applicant must have:
- Completion of secondary school education.
- University Degree (Bachelor’s Degree) in social sciences, (i.e., economics, community/economic development) public relations, or other related fields is an advantage.
- At least 5 year’s of progressively responsible experience with at least 3 year’s of experience in the field of development programming, humanitarian assistance, refugee operation, program administration, government work, or related fields.
- Fluency in both oral and written communication in English and Arabic.
- Knowledge of French language is an added advantage.
- Nationality of Lebanon.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, visit WFP.