Deadline: 15 April 2020
The World Food Programme (WFP) is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of Programme Associate in Harare, Zimbabwe.
World Food Programme is the world’s largest humanitarian agency fighting hunger worldwide.
Key Job Responsibilities
(Ad) Stop getting irritated with excessing advertisements. View the information you want quickly on a clean, ad-free and exclusive Member Dashboard that offers tools to search for grants, view latest grant opportunities, upcoming deadlines, sample proposals, downloadable ebooks and also organize your favourites! Learn more.
The Programme Associate will perform the following functions:
- To provide specialized project implementation and management support to WFP interventions to ensure that the various programme activities are performed within the established targets following WFP’s policies and procedures.
- Prepare a variety of elaborate weekly, monthly and any other reports and substantial data analysis and make recommendations to supervisors, ensuring deliverable adhere to corporate standards and quality control.
- Liaise with internal counterparts (e.g. Supply Chain, CBT, IT, M&E, activity focal points) to support efficient and effective collaboration, implementation and monitoring of ongoing project activities, to ensure that the quantity and the quality of operation is in line with WFP standards.
- Arrange for regular meetings with district stakeholders, community leaders and cooperating partners on cash disbursement arrangements, entitlements and other relevant issues to support effective communication flow and efficient operations.
- Provide standard training for cooperating partners on WFP operational practices, monitoring tools and methods in order to support them to independently self-monitor and to contribute to the visibility of WFP in the coverage areas.
(Ad) Are you still finding it difficult to search for donors online? Join Premium and use our powerful Donor Search mechanism to find relevant donors based on your country and location or keyword. Our specially developed algorithm will search across the internet for the most relevant and useful donors of your interest willing to fund your work. Learn more.
Applicants must have:
- Completion of a post-secondary qualification in the related functional area.
- Degree in in Economics, Food Security, Statistics, Data Science, Public Health/Nutrition, Geography or other related field will be a distinct advantage.
- Knowledge of food security and livelihood assessment conceptual frameworks.
- At least 6 year’s experience in basic food security and market analysis and reporting.
- Training and/or experience utilizing computers including word processing, spreadsheet and other software packages.
- Experience in utilizing computers, including word processing, spreadsheet and other standard WFP software packages and systems.
- Experience in implementing, monitoring and reporting on food and cash assistance related programmes.
- Experience working in data management systems (COMET, SCOPE, etc.).
- Experience working in both emergency and development context.
- Fluency (level C) in English language.
How to Apply
(Ad) Not able to keep track of so may different grant opportunities and their deadlines? No problem! fundsforNGOs Premium has a handy tool called "Deadline Calendar." This tool will help you keep track of all upcoming grant opportunities and their deadlines and view them in a beautiful calendar format. Learn more.
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, visit WFP.
(Ad) Are you looking for readymade proposals? fundsforNGOs Premium has a vast collection of Sample Proposals from successful grantees around the world. These proposals are available for viewing so that you can quickly get new ideas, best practices, lessons learned and develop your proposal in the perfect manner. Learn more.