Deadline: 24 November 2021
The World Food Programme (WFP) is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of Programme Associate in Islamabad, Pakistan.
World Food Programme is the world’s largest humanitarian agency fighting hunger worldwide.
Key Job Responsibilities
The Programme Associate will perform the following functions:
- Provide technical support and assist in the development and implementation of various activities and processes within the specific area of work supporting alignment with wider programme policies and guidelines.
- Provide specialized project management support to specific and/or defined programmes to ensure that the various activities are performed within the established targets following WFP’s policies and procedures.
- Within the specific area of responsibility, prepare a range of reports and data analysis (e.g. food assistance needs, resource utilization, programme status, performance) and highlight trends/issues ensuring deliverables adhere to corporate standards and quality control.
- Ensure and/or perform accurate, timely recording of data within the specific technical area of work (e.g. assistance programmes, food security and vulnerability assessments) and consistency of information presented to stakeholders.
- Liaise with internal counterparts to support effective collaboration, implementation and monitoring of ongoing project activities.
- Coordinate and communicate with local partners, agencies, NGOs and government institutions to perform accurate food security analyses and to ensure efficient delivery of food assistance.
Applicant must have:
- University Degree in Economics, Development Studies, public/business administration, or equivalent.
- Master’s Degree is desirable.
- Minimum experience 5 year’s in public and/or private sector with provincial/national/international organization(s) demonstrating evidence of implementation at field level.
- Experience of practical coordination with government-especially health department, Benazir Income Support Programme-BISP for programme implementation.
- Experience of working with Government on secondment or in close collaboration for programme implementation.
- Fluency in both oral and written communication in English and Urdu.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit applications through online process.
For more information, visit WFP.