Deadline: 14 July 2020
The World Food Programme (WFP) is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of Programme Associate (Information Management) in Yangon, Myanmar. The duration of this post is 12 months.
(Ad) Still, finding it difficult to find new grants and donors to support your work? No way to easily search and identify upcoming funding opportunities? No idea how to raise funds? We have a solution for you. Our Premium Membership service answers all your questions. Learn more.
World Food Programme is the world’s largest humanitarian agency fighting hunger worldwide.
Key Job Responsibilities
(Ad) Too many advertisements on this website? Get an ad-free and fully optimized website experience to find grants and donors of your interest. Premium Membership service offers a clean and user-friendly interface for you to raise funds successfully! Learn more.
The Programme Associate (Information Management) will perform the following functions:
- Support the HNO preparation: provide data for FS indicators (based on JIAF).
- Support the development, together with the FSC-CC and in consultation with sector partners, of the coordination of FSC response plans, strategy and logframe (e.g. HRP).
- Support FSC-CC in creating and monitoring FSC HPC online system for project submission.
- Proactively gather information from FSC partners and other organizations which may be of use in ensuring informed decision-making processes.
- Develop and maintain database about FSC partners’ activities, analyse and process the data, and share final information and products (dashboards, maps, etc.) with FSC partners.
- Ensure that data is collected and presented in a way consistent with the FSC objectives.
- Ensure financial monitoring for cluster response activities (check OCHA FTS).
- Conduct secondary data review, compile an inventory of available assessments and provide FSC partners (and IPC where applicable) with a list of available information/data with respective sources on a regular basis (e.g. common Cluster / Sector data sets, including population data disaggregated by age and sex, assessments and other surveys such as EFSA /CFSAM/SMART, IPC).
- Create and maintain Contact directories and mailing lists.
(Ad) Premium Membership offers unlimited search options to find your grants and donors. Search by country or thematic area of your work interest or even by keyword. View the number of open grants for your country. on a Google Map. Keep a watch on grant deadlines through a calendar. Learn more.
Applicants must have:
- University Degree-level qualification or equivalent – preferably in Statistics, Economics, Data Management, GIS and other related fields.
- Fluency in written and oral skills in both English and Myanmar.
- Knowledge of humanitarian assistance and development practice.
- Preferable to have general knowledge of UN system policies, rules, regulations and procedures governing procurement administration.
- Training and/or experience utilizing computers, including word processing, spreadsheet and other standard WFP software packages and systems.
- Strong knowledge of and experience in using advanced Excel.
- Knowledge of data visualization and mapping: ability to collect and organize data for map production, map production (using ArcGIS, QGIS, or any other mapping tools).
- Ability to present information in understandable tables, charts and graphs.
- Ability to maintain and manage website content for the cluster.
- Data storage and file management expertise.
- Nationality of Myanmar.
How to Apply
(Ad) Too many emails about grants, but too few leads? Join Premium and use our Specific Email Alerts feature where you can select your country/countries and thematic areas of work interest and receive grant information accordingly. Learn more.
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, visit WFP.
(Ad) Our Premium Donor Search feature works like a mini-search engine. As soon as you define the search criteria and click on search, it scans the internet for the best possible matches of donor agencies based according to your interest and presents a list that you need. Learn more.