Deadline: 10 June 2020
Concern Worldwide is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of Programme Director in Lilongwe, Malawi. The duration of this post is 24 months.
Concern Worldwide is an international humanitarian organization dedicated to tackling poverty and suffering in the world’s poorest countries.
Key Jobs Responsibilities
The Programme Director will perform the following functions-
- Strategy & Programme Development
- Provide leadership in the effective planning, development, management and integration of Concern’s programmes.
- Design new programmes, proposals, budgets, work plans and procurement plans in line with Concern’s global Strategic and Country Strategies, programme development guidelines and Government /donor priorities.
- Foster team spirit and collaboration necessary to achieve programme and organisation goals in Malawi and globally.
- Identify and actively pursue opportunities to build partnerships with local NGOs on the basis of a shared vision and values and complementary expertise.
- Programme Coordination and Management
- Supervise all projects to ensure that strategies designed and written in the project document are undertaken to a high standard.
- Support capacity building of the team and partners on Concern’s organizational strategies and approaches, including ‘How Concern Understands Extreme Poverty’ (HCUEP).
- Contribute to the development of a country level funding strategy through the delivery of high quality funding proposals to seek donor funding.
- Ensure mainstreaming of equality, HIV/AIDS and Disaster Risk Reduction (DRR) into programme work.
Applicants must have-
- Minimum Degree in Development Studies or a relevant technical area (programme focus under the new Strategic Plan includes; economic development, sustainable livelihoods, food security, women’s empowerment, disaster risk reduction, and water and sanitation).
- Minimum 5 year’s experience working in a developing country context at least 3 year’s of which should be in senior programme management, including experience in planning, developing and evaluating complex programmes in technical areas similar to those in the Malawi programme.
- Experience of developing and managing large scale and multi sectoral programmes in a development context.
- Practical experience in participatory development approaches, facilitation, capacity building and building effective teams to work in poor rural and urban communities.
- Experience of programme development, the project management cycle and participatory planning methodologies, including distance management.
- Excellent understanding and experience in developing and utilizing rigorous planning, monitoring, and evaluation processes.
- Experience of strategic planning.
- Proven leadership ability, including ability to motivate and develop skills of others.
- Strong written and spoken abilities in English.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, visit Concern Worldwide.