Deadline: 18 June 2020
The United Nations Environment Programme (UNEP) is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of Programme Management Officer in Bangkok, Thailand.
(Ad) Still, finding it difficult to find new grants and donors to support your work? No way to easily search and identify upcoming funding opportunities? No idea how to raise funds? We have a solution for you. Our Premium Membership service answers all your questions. Learn more.
UNEP’s mission is to provide leadership and encourage partnership in caring for the environment by inspiring, informing, and enabling nations and peoples to improve their quality of life without compromising that of future generations.
Key Job Responsibilities
(Ad) Too many advertisements on this website? Get an ad-free and fully optimized website experience to find grants and donors of your interest. Premium Membership service offers a clean and user-friendly interface for you to raise funds successfully! Learn more.
The Programme Management Officer will perform the following functions-
- Programme Management:
- Develop, implement and evaluate the annual Compliance Assistance Programmes (CAP) programmes as well as projects under the Multilateral Fund.
- monitor and analyze the programme/project development and implementation; reviews relevant documents and reports.
- Identify problems and issues to be addressed and initiates corrective actions; liaises with relevant partners; ensures follow-up actions.
- Provide policy and technical assistance to countries for the implementation of the approved projects, in collaboration with the National Ozone Unit by planning/facilitating national consultation meetings, training workshops, and assisting in developing the National Phaseout and/or Phasedown strategies to assist the countries in complying with the Montreal Protocol.
- Consulting Service to Partners:
- Research, analyze and present information on the use and development trends of the controlled substances under the Montreal Protocol, as well as technical and policy options to phaseout/phasedown the production and consumption;
- Coordinate the review of the national Montreal Protocol policies and legislation and their enforcement, analysis of issues and trends, preparation of recommendation/advice for improvement.
(Ad) Premium Membership offers unlimited search options to find your grants and donors. Search by country or thematic area of your work interest or even by keyword. View the number of open grants for your country. on a Google Map. Keep a watch on grant deadlines through a calendar. Learn more.
Applicants must have:
- Advanced University Degree (Master’s Degree or equivalent) in environmental sciences/management engineering, economics or a related field.
- First-Level University Degree in combination with 2 additional year’s of qualifying experience may be accepted in lieu of the advanced university degree.
- Minimum 7 year’s of progressively responsible experience in environmental programmes with working experience in developing countries is required.
- Experience in implementing Montreal Protocol programmes or Ozone Depleting Substances phase-out activities is desirable.
- English and French are the working languages of the United Nations Secretariat.
- Fluency in English is required.
- Knowledge of another official United Nations language is an advantage.
How to Apply
(Ad) Too many emails about grants, but too few leads? Join Premium and use our Specific Email Alerts feature where you can select your country/countries and thematic areas of work interest and receive grant information accordingly. Learn more.
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, visit UNEP.
(Ad) Our Premium Donor Search feature works like a mini-search engine. As soon as you define the search criteria and click on search, it scans the internet for the best possible matches of donor agencies based according to your interest and presents a list that you need. Learn more.