Deadline: 18 June 2020
The United Nations Environment Programme (UNEP) is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of Programme Management Officer in Bangkok, Thailand.
UNEP’s mission is to provide leadership and encourage partnership in caring for the environment by inspiring, informing, and enabling nations and peoples to improve their quality of life without compromising that of future generations.
Key Job Responsibilities
The Programme Management Officer will perform the following functions-
- Programme Management:
- Develop, implement and evaluate the annual Compliance Assistance Programmes (CAP) programmes as well as projects under the Multilateral Fund.
- monitor and analyze the programme/project development and implementation; reviews relevant documents and reports.
- Identify problems and issues to be addressed and initiates corrective actions; liaises with relevant partners; ensures follow-up actions.
- Provide policy and technical assistance to countries for the implementation of the approved projects, in collaboration with the National Ozone Unit by planning/facilitating national consultation meetings, training workshops, and assisting in developing the National Phaseout and/or Phasedown strategies to assist the countries in complying with the Montreal Protocol.
- Consulting Service to Partners:
- Research, analyze and present information on the use and development trends of the controlled substances under the Montreal Protocol, as well as technical and policy options to phaseout/phasedown the production and consumption;
- Coordinate the review of the national Montreal Protocol policies and legislation and their enforcement, analysis of issues and trends, preparation of recommendation/advice for improvement.
Applicants must have:
- Advanced University Degree (Master’s Degree or equivalent) in environmental sciences/management engineering, economics or a related field.
- First-Level University Degree in combination with 2 additional year’s of qualifying experience may be accepted in lieu of the advanced university degree.
- Minimum 7 year’s of progressively responsible experience in environmental programmes with working experience in developing countries is required.
- Experience in implementing Montreal Protocol programmes or Ozone Depleting Substances phase-out activities is desirable.
- English and French are the working languages of the United Nations Secretariat.
- Fluency in English is required.
- Knowledge of another official United Nations language is an advantage.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, visit UNEP.