Deadline: 1 July 2020
The United Nations Environment Programme (UNEP) is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of Programme Management Officer in Nairobi, Kenya.
UNEP’s mission is to provide leadership and encourage partnership in caring for the environment by inspiring, informing, and enabling nations and peoples to improve their quality of life without compromising that of future generations.
Key Job Responsibilities
The Programme Management Officer will perform the following functions-
- Develop, implement and evaluate UNREDD programme/project development and implementation in Africa.
- Review relevant documents and reports.
- IdentifY problems and issues to be addressed and initiates corrective actions.
- Liaise with relevant parties.
- Ensure follow-up actions.
- Facilitate new programme development and expansion to new thematic and geographical areas in the Africa region.
- Support UN-REDD Knowledge Management activities in Africa in close coordination with the UN-REDD Communications and Knowledge Management Officer for Africa and broader team.
- Initiate and coordinate outreach activities; conducts training workshops, seminars, etc.; makes presentations on assigned topics/activities.
- Coordinate with the United Nations Development Programme (UNDP), Food Agricultural Organization (FAO), and the UN-REDD Programme Secretariat on the planning and implementation of country level and regional activities.
- Research, analyse and present information gathered from diverse sources as it affects the delivery of the Africa work programme.
Applicants must have:
- Advanced University Degree (Master’s Degree or equivalent) in forest policy, forest management, natural resources management, international development or environmental economics is required.
- First Level University Degree in combination with 2 additional year’s of qualifying experience may be accepted in lieu of the advanced university degree.
- Minimum 7 year’s of progressively responsible experience in forest policy, forest management, climate change or ecosystem management is required.
- Previous work experience in project or programme management with an UN agency or the private sector is desirable.
- Previous work experience with REDD+ programmes in Africa or in other regions is an additional desirable.
- English and French are the working languages of the United Nations Secretariat.
- Fluency in English is required.
- Knowledge of another official United Nations language is an advantage.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, visit UNEP.