Deadline: 1 July 2020
The United Nations Environment Programme (UNEP) is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of Programme Management Officer in Nairobi, Kenya.
(Ad) Still, finding it difficult to find new grants and donors to support your work? No way to easily search and identify upcoming funding opportunities? No idea how to raise funds? We have a solution for you. Our Premium Membership service answers all your questions. Learn more.
UNEP’s mission is to provide leadership and encourage partnership in caring for the environment by inspiring, informing, and enabling nations and peoples to improve their quality of life without compromising that of future generations.
Key Job Responsibilities
(Ad) Too many advertisements on this website? Get an ad-free and fully optimized website experience to find grants and donors of your interest. Premium Membership service offers a clean and user-friendly interface for you to raise funds successfully! Learn more.
The Programme Management Officer will perform the following functions-
- Develop, implement and evaluate UNREDD programme/project development and implementation in Africa.
- Review relevant documents and reports.
- IdentifY problems and issues to be addressed and initiates corrective actions.
- Liaise with relevant parties.
- Ensure follow-up actions.
- Facilitate new programme development and expansion to new thematic and geographical areas in the Africa region.
- Support UN-REDD Knowledge Management activities in Africa in close coordination with the UN-REDD Communications and Knowledge Management Officer for Africa and broader team.
- Initiate and coordinate outreach activities; conducts training workshops, seminars, etc.; makes presentations on assigned topics/activities.
- Coordinate with the United Nations Development Programme (UNDP), Food Agricultural Organization (FAO), and the UN-REDD Programme Secretariat on the planning and implementation of country level and regional activities.
- Research, analyse and present information gathered from diverse sources as it affects the delivery of the Africa work programme.
(Ad) Premium Membership offers unlimited search options to find your grants and donors. Search by country or thematic area of your work interest or even by keyword. View the number of open grants for your country. on a Google Map. Keep a watch on grant deadlines through a calendar. Learn more.
Applicants must have:
- Advanced University Degree (Master’s Degree or equivalent) in forest policy, forest management, natural resources management, international development or environmental economics is required.
- First Level University Degree in combination with 2 additional year’s of qualifying experience may be accepted in lieu of the advanced university degree.
- Minimum 7 year’s of progressively responsible experience in forest policy, forest management, climate change or ecosystem management is required.
- Previous work experience in project or programme management with an UN agency or the private sector is desirable.
- Previous work experience with REDD+ programmes in Africa or in other regions is an additional desirable.
- English and French are the working languages of the United Nations Secretariat.
- Fluency in English is required.
- Knowledge of another official United Nations language is an advantage.
How to Apply
(Ad) Too many emails about grants, but too few leads? Join Premium and use our Specific Email Alerts feature where you can select your country/countries and thematic areas of work interest and receive grant information accordingly. Learn more.
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, visit UNEP.
(Ad) Our Premium Donor Search feature works like a mini-search engine. As soon as you define the search criteria and click on search, it scans the internet for the best possible matches of donor agencies based according to your interest and presents a list that you need. Learn more.