Deadline: 19 December 2019
United Nations International Children’s Emergency Fund (UNICEF) is currently seeking applications from eligible applicants for the post of Programme Monitoring & Evaluation Officer in Liberia.
The Programme Monitoring & Evaluation Officer will be responsible to provide professional technical, operational and administrative assistance throughout the planning, monitoring, evaluation process preparing, executing, managing and implementing a variety of technical and administrative tasks to contribute to evaluation planning, implementation, oversight and reporting to ensure that evaluations are carried out according to schedule and that results and recommendations are implemented and followed up.
UNICEF works for a world in which every child has a fair chance in life.
Key Jobs Responsibilities
The Programme Monitoring & Evaluation Officer will perform the following functions:
- Setting Standards for Programme performance planning and monitoring:
- Provide technical support as necessary to the process of developing and monitoring Annual Work Plans, including reporting on progress of the equity and gender marker as outlined in the Programme Policy and Procedures Guidance.
- Provide technical support as necessary in organising and managing annual/mid-year/mid-term/end term country programme reviews ensuring consistency with objectives and goals set out in the CPD and contribute to the Annual Management Plan.
- Monitor follow-up actions based on management decisions resulting from Country Office performance monitoring and evaluation.
- Support to the preparation of the integrated monitoring and evaluation plan (IMEP):
- Participate in evaluation planning and discussions and support the development and completion of IMEP through research, collection, analysis and reporting of evaluation related information/data to facilitate integrated evaluation planning and priority and goal setting.
- Provide technical and operational support throughout the evaluation process by executing/administering a variety of technical, operational and administrative transactions, preparing related materials/documentations and complying with organizational processes and management systems, to support evaluation results based planning (RBM) and monitoring and assessing results.
- Prepare required documentations/materials/data to facilitate evaluation planning, implementation and reporting.
- Support Implementation of Evaluations:
- Draft and/or develop terms of reference for external consultants and initiate the recruitment process to ensure the timely selection and recruitment of evaluators. Manage the various processes of assessing and/or selecting consultant and evaluation teams to facilitate the recruitment/selection process.
- Organize materials, briefings and all required administrative arrangements to ensure external consultants are provided appropriate and comprehensive information to start and continue effectively and efficiently the conduct of evaluations.
- Keep abreast of evaluation progress to proactively meet the evaluators’ need for information or other related issues to ensure delivery of results as scheduled and allocated.
- Dissemination and Follow Up of Evaluations:
- Consult stakeholders to seek clarification and/or validate findings from draft and final evaluation reports and report on feedback to facilitate timely action.
- Upload/disseminate completed evaluation reports into Global Evaluation Data base to allow global sharing and final quality review.
- Upload each approved management response in the tracking systems and monitor quarterly update and produce analytical reports for management action and decision on implementation of evaluation agreed actions/recommendations.
- Networking and Partnership Building
- Provide technical and operational support to a wide range of stakeholders and evaluators on UNICEF and UNEG policies, practices, standards and norms.
- Build and sustain effective close working partnerships with government counterparts and national stakeholders through active sharing of information and knowledge to facilitate evaluation and build their capacity for evaluation planning and implementation.
- Participate in appropriate inter-agency (UNCT) meetings/events on evaluations to collaborate with inter-agency partners/colleagues on UNDAF operational planning and preparation and to integrate and harmonize UNICEF position and strategies with the UNDAF development and planning process.
- Innovation, Knowledge Management and Capacity Building
- Identify, capture, synthesize and share lessons learned from evaluations for integration into broader knowledge development planning and management efforts.
- Research and report on best and cutting edge practices for development planning of knowledge products and systems for evaluations.
- Participate as resource person in capacity building initiatives to enhance the competencies of clients/stakeholders.
Applicants must have:
- University Degree in Economics, Psychology, Sociology, Education or other social science field is required.
- Minimum 2 years of professional experience in social development analysis and programming at the international and/or in a developing country is required.
- Relevant experience in program/project monitoring and evaluation in a UN system agency or organization is an asset.
- Fluency in English is required.
- Knowledge of another official UN language or a local language is an asset.
- Nationality of Liberia.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, please visit UNICEF.