Deadline: 5 March 2019
The World Food Programme (WFP) is currently seeking applications from eligible applicants for the post of Programme Policy Officer in Bangkok, Thailand.
The Programme Policy Officer will be responsible for coordinating all programme cycle-related actions within RBB, for liaising with WFP HQ on all relevant processes, and for advising, and supporting, the WFP Country Offices in all tasks related to the Programme Cycle.
World Food Programme is the world’s largest humanitarian agency fighting hunger worldwide.
(Ad) Stop getting irritated with excessing advertisements. View the information you want quickly on a clean, ad-free and exclusive Member Dashboard that offers tools to search for grants, view latest grant opportunities, upcoming deadlines, sample proposals, downloadable ebooks and also organize your favourites! Learn more.
Key Jobs Responsibilities
The Programme Policy Officer will perform the following duties and responsibilities:
(Ad) Are you still finding it difficult to search for donors online? Join Premium and use our powerful Donor Search mechanism to find relevant donors based on your country and location or keyword. Our specially developed algorithm will search across the internet for the most relevant and useful donors of your interest willing to fund your work. Learn more.
- CSP Budget Revision process management:
- During the lifecycle of a CSP, sometimes changes need to be made to the content or size of the programme.
- Such revisions are subject to a range of corporate rules and regulations.
- Be the focal point for coordinating RBB actions for Budget Revisions.
- Together with the various stakeholders in RBB, the focal point will decide on the Delegated Authority level for each Budget Revision.
- Follow the process from start to finish, staying in close contact with CO and HQ focal points throughout and advice relevant stakeholders on actions to be taken.
- Portfolio statistics analysis:
- The portfolio is the collective of all the activities and outcomes as contained in the 14+ CSPs .
- Create, and keep updated, statistics of the regional CSP portfolio.
- With 14+ CSPs, and close to a hundred different activities, it is important to maintain the overview of the portfolio, and to be able to analyze the content.
- Maintain a database and research and analyze the portfolio to support senior colleagues in the further development of the portfolio.
- Material development for workshops and trainings:
- Throughout the year, many workshops and meetings are held, in a number of these, there is a need to present CSP portfolio-related material.
- Be the focal point for putting together presentational materials related to the regional CSP portfolio.
- There are many events during the year that require inputs related to the portfolio.
Applicants must have:
(Ad) Not able to keep track of so may different grant opportunities and their deadlines? No problem! fundsforNGOs Premium has a handy tool called "Deadline Calendar." This tool will help you keep track of all upcoming grant opportunities and their deadlines and view them in a beautiful calendar format. Learn more.
- Advanced University degree in International Affairs, Economics, Nutrition/Health, Environmental Science, Social Sciences or other field relevant to international development assistance, or First University Degree with additional years of related work experience and/or trainings/courses.
- Minimum 3 years of progressive Professional responsibility working with projects or programmes in International Public or Private Organizations.
- Experience in independently managing complex planning processes.
- Basic knowledge of statistical analysis.
- Capacity to work independently and proactively within tight deadlines.
- Good communication skills.
- Pro-active and inquisitive attitude, desire to master new skills
- An understanding of humanitarian and development programme design.
- Experience working in an international and multicultural environment.
- Advanced skills in Word, Excel and Powerpoint.
- Some experience with customized corporate systems is an advantage
- Proven fluency in both oral and written communication in English and Thai.
How to Apply
Applicants must submited their applications through online process.
(Ad) Are you looking for readymade proposals? fundsforNGOs Premium has a vast collection of Sample Proposals from successful grantees around the world. These proposals are available for viewing so that you can quickly get new ideas, best practices, lessons learned and develop your proposal in the perfect manner. Learn more.
For more information, please visit WFP.