Deadline: 16 August 2020
The World Food Programme (WFP) is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of Programme Policy Officer in Harare, Zimbabwe.
World Food Programme is the world’s largest humanitarian agency fighting hunger worldwide.
Key Job Responsibilities
The Programme Policy Officer will perform the following functions:
- Contribute to formulation of programme policies in line with both organizational strategy and the practical realities of operating in the field; or translate programme policy into Country level practices.
- Develop programme guidance and implementation modalities and operations, to ensure a clear and strong connection between HQ and field operations.Assist WFP Social Protection Section under the Programme Unit and spearhead the provision of technical advice to the CO on related programme and policy issues including assessment and analysis, the choice of objectives, activities and transfers in line with WFP standards and processes.
- Provide technical advice or mobilise technical expertise, on a wide range of programme and policy issues including the choice of objectives, activities, transfer modalities and the deployment and testing of innovative approaches and the development of strategies to support government efforts to reduce hunger and malnutrition.
- Establish and maintain operational and strategic partnerships to identify opportunities for collaborative approaches and initiatives, and to strengthen information exchange and operational linkages between WFP (HQ/RB/CO), UN Agencies, the Government, private sector and other partners
- Support WFP’s strategic engagement with host government to design, formulate and/or implement government-led or nationally owned context specific social protection programmes.
- Engage in consultations and technical discussions to contribute to shaping governments social protection agenda taking into account regional and continental perspectives, initiatives and commitments.
- In consultation with development partners, develop programme guidance and implementation modalities and operations, to ensure a clear and strong connection between different government programme and ministries.
Applicants must have:
- Advanced University Degree in International Affairs, Economics, urban and rural planning, social sciences, agriculture, environmental sciences, agricultural meteorology,project management and disaster risk management, Nutrition/Health, Agriculture, Environmental Science, Social Sciences or other field relevant to international development assistance, or First University Degree with additional years of related work experience and/or trainings/courses.
- Extensive experience (8 year’s or more) in working with or in governments on developing policies.
- Experience in designing, analysis and programming of social protection programmes.
- Performed the role of Liaison officer at national or provincial/regional level or with specific line ministries.
- Proven leadership skills within an organization in Governments, donors or other partners.
- Experience in conducting food security assessments, analysis of data and recommendations for policy and programme development.
- Experience working in and managing both emergencies and recovery or development context.
- Fluency (level C) in English language and Shona/ Ndebele.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, visit WFP.