Deadline: 6 March 2020
The World Food Programme (WFP) is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of Programme Policy Officer in Harare, Zimbabwe.
World Food Programme is the world’s largest humanitarian agency fighting hunger worldwide.
Key Job Responsibilities
(Ad) Stop getting irritated with excessing advertisements. View the information you want quickly on a clean, ad-free and exclusive Member Dashboard that offers tools to search for grants, view latest grant opportunities, upcoming deadlines, sample proposals, downloadable ebooks and also organize your favourites! Learn more.
The Programme Policy Officer will perform the following functions-
- In close collaboration with the Programme and Emergency Divisions, oversee the 3PA adaptation to urban and displacement contexts project in Africa, including the field testing, quality assurance and reports, documenting and consolidating lessons learnt, and drafting of new methodological guidance, together with participating Universities.
- Working with the COs, a 3PA capacity building strategy for at least six African Universities developed and governed by a documented MOU, which will include budgeting, training, and the establishment and oversight of University teams able to implement 3PA for governments, WFP, and partners;
- A network of six Universities that will promote 3PA implementation across Africa and South-South cooperation through University to University training and learning / experience sharing exchanges through various forums, to expand the capacity of 3PA on the continent and organize at least one government to government country exchange visit for experience sharing / learning on how the 3PA is being used for government development plans.
- Oversee and contribute to the development of 3PA curricula in at least three Universities, that includes how to implement 3PA targeted to graduates, and how to use 3PA targeted to government, WFP, and partners.
- Contribute to and support PRO-R’s development of RB rosters of 3PA trained staff by identifying and evaluating University graduates skilled in 3PA implementation and use, including identifying opportunities for internships, that can be mobilized in support of CO or government 3PA requests, to feed into the roster.
- Document Africa-based best practices, lessons learned, and develop learning materials to ensure sustainable capacity development at country and regional levels in Africa, and as a contribution to global work.
(Ad) Are you still finding it difficult to search for donors online? Join Premium and use our powerful Donor Search mechanism to find relevant donors based on your country and location or keyword. Our specially developed algorithm will search across the internet for the most relevant and useful donors of your interest willing to fund your work. Learn more.
Applicants must have:
- Advanced University Degree in International Affairs, Economics, urban and rural planning, social sciences, agriculture, environmental sciences, agricultural insurance, project management and disaster risk management , Nutrition / Health, Agriculture, Environmental Science, Social Sciences or other field relevant to international development assistance, or First University Degree with additional years of related work experience and / or trainings / courses.
- At least 5 years of experience in implementing, training, and using 3PA for the design and implementation of multi-sectorial and complementary food assistance and livelihood programmes;
- Experience in working with / across various programming aspects (emergency, livelihoods and resilience, nutrition, assessment and analysis, amongst others).
- Led 3PA teams for programming, and managing CO 3PA portfolio’s (desirable).
- Demonstrated experience in working with and developing partnerships with Universities, NGOs, UN, and government authorities in areas relevant to livelihood programming.
- Policy discussions and provided input into policy decisions, and on the 3PA desirable.
- Excellent knowledge of English (proficiency/level C), working knowledge of French is desirable.
How to Apply
(Ad) Not able to keep track of so may different grant opportunities and their deadlines? No problem! fundsforNGOs Premium has a handy tool called "Deadline Calendar." This tool will help you keep track of all upcoming grant opportunities and their deadlines and view them in a beautiful calendar format. Learn more.
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, visit WFP.
(Ad) Are you looking for readymade proposals? fundsforNGOs Premium has a vast collection of Sample Proposals from successful grantees around the world. These proposals are available for viewing so that you can quickly get new ideas, best practices, lessons learned and develop your proposal in the perfect manner. Learn more.