Deadline: 5 August 2020
The World Food Programme (WFP) is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of Programme Policy Officer in Jakarta, Indonesia.
(Ad) Still, finding it difficult to find new grants and donors to support your work? No way to easily search and identify upcoming funding opportunities? No idea how to raise funds? We have a solution for you. Our Premium Membership service answers all your questions. Learn more.
World Food Programme is the world’s largest humanitarian agency fighting hunger worldwide.
Key Job Responsibilities
(Ad) Too many advertisements on this website? Get an ad-free and fully optimized website experience to find grants and donors of your interest. Premium Membership service offers a clean and user-friendly interface for you to raise funds successfully! Learn more.
The Programme Policy Officer will perform the following functions:
- Lead the overall activities implementation under SDG Fund, liaise with internal and external counterparts to ensure effective collaboration, timeliness and efficiency of SDG Fund planned activities, monitor ongoing activities and highlight any potential risk to project delivery.
- Coordinate research and development (R&D) efforts for the development, improvement, and testing of a natural hazards early-warning system based on remote sensing information to guide adaptive social protection (ASP) schemes in Indonesia, in line with innovative methodologies and best practice.
- Provide analysis and data on information related to food security and nutrition.
- Coordinate with the WFP technical staff and external service providers (web and software developers, designers, cloud-based services) to strengthen WFP’s existing natural hazards early-warning system (VAMPIRE).
- Serve as a focal point and manage relationships with UN and government partners to promote the use WFP’s existing natural hazards early-warning system for use in the development of an ASP scheme.
- Work closely with partners, including BMKG, BNPB and KLHK, on how existing and functional EW systems could complement each other in real-time monitoring and effectively informing the situation to decision makers in identifying and supporting vulnerable populations through adaptive social protection programmes.
- Support capacity building of WFP staff, partners and national government in monitoring natural hazards through remote-sensing methods as well as in identifying affected vulnerable groups eligible for emergency cash assistance, by facilitating discussions and organizing workshops.
- Contribute to the preparation of accurate and timely reporting on programmes and activities that enable informed decision making and consistency of information presented to stakeholders.
- Act as a point of referral and supporting the technical staff with analysis and queries.
(Ad) Premium Membership offers unlimited search options to find your grants and donors. Search by country or thematic area of your work interest or even by keyword. View the number of open grants for your country. on a Google Map. Keep a watch on grant deadlines through a calendar. Learn more.
Applicants must have:
- Advanced University Degree in Economics, Statistics, Agriculture, Environmental Science, Social Sciences, Demography, Geography, or other related fields, or First University Degree with additional years of related work experience and/or trainings/courses.
- Prior working experience working with governments and/or on social protection schemes and targeting is preferred.
- Strong ability to communicate and coordinate with Government partners and stakeholders.
- Demonstrated knowledge in vulnerability concept.
- Knowledge on the landscape of social protection schemes in Indonesia.
- Analytical ability in food security and vulnerability analysis, including data collection and analysis.
- Knowledge in Geographic Information System (GIS) and information technology (IT) is an asset.
- Fluency in both oral and written communication in Bahasa Indonesia and English.
How to Apply
(Ad) Too many emails about grants, but too few leads? Join Premium and use our Specific Email Alerts feature where you can select your country/countries and thematic areas of work interest and receive grant information accordingly. Learn more.
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, visit WFP.
(Ad) Our Premium Donor Search feature works like a mini-search engine. As soon as you define the search criteria and click on search, it scans the internet for the best possible matches of donor agencies based according to your interest and presents a list that you need. Learn more.