Deadline: 12 May 2020
The World Food Programme (WFP) is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of Programme Policy Officer in Nay Pyi Taw, Myanmar. The duration of this post is 12 months.
(Ad) Still, finding it difficult to find new grants and donors to support your work? No way to easily search and identify upcoming funding opportunities? No idea how to raise funds? We have a solution for you. Our Premium Membership service answers all your questions. Learn more.
World Food Programme is the world’s largest humanitarian agency fighting hunger worldwide.
Key Job Responsibilities
(Ad) Too many advertisements on this website? Get an ad-free and fully optimized website experience to find grants and donors of your interest. Premium Membership service offers a clean and user-friendly interface for you to raise funds successfully! Learn more.
The Programme Policy Officer will perform the following functions:
- Collaborate with the Government Ministries to provide technical advice, policy support and training to the government on the delivery of national social protection, emergency preparedness and food systems programmes.
- Contribute to the formulation and review of the CSP and in translating the Strategic Outcomes from the CSP into activities that will achieve the expected results.
- Plan and design the activity programme, including planning outputs and resource requirements, together with relevant partners and beneficiaries.
- Integrate cross-cutting themes as appropriate (e.g. gender).
- Develop and coordinate data gathering and monitoring systems ensuring that rigorous quality standards are maintained.
- Research and analyse a range of policy and operational issues to inform the development of policies, programmes and activities.
- Contribute to the preparation of accurate and timely reporting on programmes and activities that enable informed decision making and consistency of information presented to stakeholders.
(Ad) Premium Membership offers unlimited search options to find your grants and donors. Search by country or thematic area of your work interest or even by keyword. View the number of open grants for your country. on a Google Map. Keep a watch on grant deadlines through a calendar. Learn more.
Applicants must have:
- Advanced University Degree preferably in Development, Engineering, Economics, or another related field, or First University degree with additional years of related work experience and/or training/courses.
- At least 5 year’s of progressively responsible experience in managing large-scale development, humanitarian and emergency response operations, including coordination with internal and external stakeholders.
- Experience in leading large work-force/human resources from multiple disciplines.
- Experience in partnerships with national governments and advising senior national staff.
- Skills and experience in overall management, leadership, team and consensus building, time and financial management, report writing, planning, prioritizing and negotiating with clear results orientation.
- Experience in managing/chairing committees on procurement and logistics services.
- Experience in developing and managing relationships and national capacity building initiatives with UN agencies, NGOs, private sector and/or government organizations.
- Experience in monitoring operational successes and suggesting areas of improvements.
- Experience in supervising teams of professional and support staff.
- Fluency in written and oral skills in both English and Myanmar.
- Nationality of Myanmar.
How to Apply
(Ad) Too many emails about grants, but too few leads? Join Premium and use our Specific Email Alerts feature where you can select your country/countries and thematic areas of work interest and receive grant information accordingly. Learn more.
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, visit WFP.
(Ad) Our Premium Donor Search feature works like a mini-search engine. As soon as you define the search criteria and click on search, it scans the internet for the best possible matches of donor agencies based according to your interest and presents a list that you need. Learn more.