Deadline: 12 May 2020
The World Food Programme (WFP) is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of Programme Policy Officer in Nay Pyi Taw, Myanmar. The duration of this post is 12 months.
World Food Programme is the world’s largest humanitarian agency fighting hunger worldwide.
Key Job Responsibilities
The Programme Policy Officer will perform the following functions:
- Collaborate with the Government Ministries to provide technical advice, policy support and training to the government on the delivery of national social protection, emergency preparedness and food systems programmes.
- Contribute to the formulation and review of the CSP and in translating the Strategic Outcomes from the CSP into activities that will achieve the expected results.
- Plan and design the activity programme, including planning outputs and resource requirements, together with relevant partners and beneficiaries.
- Integrate cross-cutting themes as appropriate (e.g. gender).
- Develop and coordinate data gathering and monitoring systems ensuring that rigorous quality standards are maintained.
- Research and analyse a range of policy and operational issues to inform the development of policies, programmes and activities.
- Contribute to the preparation of accurate and timely reporting on programmes and activities that enable informed decision making and consistency of information presented to stakeholders.
Applicants must have:
- Advanced University Degree preferably in Development, Engineering, Economics, or another related field, or First University degree with additional years of related work experience and/or training/courses.
- At least 5 year’s of progressively responsible experience in managing large-scale development, humanitarian and emergency response operations, including coordination with internal and external stakeholders.
- Experience in leading large work-force/human resources from multiple disciplines.
- Experience in partnerships with national governments and advising senior national staff.
- Skills and experience in overall management, leadership, team and consensus building, time and financial management, report writing, planning, prioritizing and negotiating with clear results orientation.
- Experience in managing/chairing committees on procurement and logistics services.
- Experience in developing and managing relationships and national capacity building initiatives with UN agencies, NGOs, private sector and/or government organizations.
- Experience in monitoring operational successes and suggesting areas of improvements.
- Experience in supervising teams of professional and support staff.
- Fluency in written and oral skills in both English and Myanmar.
- Nationality of Myanmar.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, visit WFP.