Deadline: 2 July 2020
The World Food Programme (WFP) is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of Programme Policy Officer in Saclepea, Liberia.
World Food Programme is the world’s largest humanitarian agency fighting hunger worldwide.
Key Job Responsibilities
The Programme Policy Officer will perform the following functions:
- Assist in providing the procedural and technical In consultation with the Head of Programme, represent WFP Management in operational areas under the coverage of assigned field office.
- Organize, plan, implement and coordinate all WFP programme activities in order to meet the desired programme objectives, in accordance with the strategy agreed by the Country Office Programme Unit.
- Closely supervise the Field Office operations to ensure timely planning and delivery of food assistance to the beneficiaries.
- Ensures Programme and Supply Chain Units’ interaction and coordination.
- Strictly implement WFP’s policies, rules and regulations related to Programme, Administration, Staffing, Finance and Budget according to guidelines provided by the Country Office.
- Implement the field security instructions provided by the Country Office and UN Designated Security Official.
Applicants must have:
- Advanced University Degree in International Affairs, Economics, Nutrition/Health, Agriculture, Environmental Science, Social Sciences or other fields relevant to international development assistance.
- First University Degree with at least 5 year’s of related work experience and/or trainings/courses.
- Experience in implementing technical programs.
- Proven experience in leading social protection interventions through livelihoods and cash-based transfer (CBT).
- Implemented programmes and provided input into designing operations.
- Fluency (level C) in English language.
- Nationality of Liberia.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, visit WFP.