Deadline: 26 January 2017
World Food Programme (WFP) is currently seeking applications from eligible applicants for the post of Programme Policy Officer in Kakuma, Kenya.
World Food Programme is the world’s largest humanitarian agency fighting hunger worldwide.
Key Jobs Responsibilities
The Programme Policy Officer will perform the following functions-
- Support the Head of Sub-Office in implementing and monitoring of program activities in Kakuma Refugee Camps, Kalobeyei Settlement and the general Host Community in the region.
- Contribute towards the development of a wide variety of projects, plans and processes, ensuring alignment with wider program policies and guidance.
- Provide project management support to specific and defined programs and projects of considerable size/complexity, ensuring a coordinated approach with wider programs that comply with WFP standards and procedures.
- Develop and coordinate data gathering and monitoring systems ensuring that rigorous quality standards are maintained.
- Research and analyze a range of policy and operational issues to inform the development of policies, programs and activities.
- Contribute to the preparation of accurate and timely reporting on programs and activities that enable informed decision making by Senior Management and consistency of information presented to stakeholders.
- Liaise with internal and external counterparts to ensure effective collaboration, monitor ongoing projects and highlight potential risks to project delivery.
- Support the identification, development and management of potential partnerships to collaborative working leading to improved assistance packages.
- Other related duties as required.
Applicants must have-
- University Degree in one or more of the following disciplines: Social Sciences, Economics, Agriculture, International Affairs, Business Administration, Development Studies or a field relevant to International Development Assistance such as Nutrition, Food Security or humanitarian response.
- Master’s Degree in relevant disciplines will be an asset.
- At least 3 years of post-graduate professional experience in the field of food assistance, community development, commerce or business administration.
- General knowledge of UN system policies, rules, regulations and procedures governing administration.
- Advanced analytical skills, resourcefulness, maturity of judgement, negotiating skills and ability to communicate effectively in written and spoken English.
- Excellent computer skills in MS Outlook, Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, please visit WFP.