Deadline: 12 December 2017
World Food Programme (WFP) is currently seeking applications from eligible applicants for the post of Programme Policy Officer in Kurgan-Tyube, Tajikistan.
World Food Programme is the world’s largest humanitarian agency fighting hunger worldwide.
Key Jobs Responsibilities
The Programme Policy Officer will perform the following functions-
- Lead, motivate and manage the WFP Sub-Office Team in Khatlon region to ensure the continued development of a cohesive and high performing team.
- Plan and manage WFP field operations in the region to ensure effective and efficient delivery of food assistance and that daily operational issues are timely resolved to prevent losses or delays.
- Conduct timely and efficient management of allocated resources (human resources, sub-imprest/petty cash, and facilities) and ensure that allocated resources are used efficiently and are in line with agreed plans; timely recorded and reported and any deviations are reported to the Country Office.
- Contribute to the preparation of accurate and timely reporting of the SO. Oversee the preparation of all other reports as well as proposals to the CO Project Assessment Committee (PAC) to ensure a high quality and timely delivery.
- Conduct timely monitoring and evaluation of activities and prepare accurate and comprehensive reports on WFP’s operations and performance with regular and timely submission for Country Office review to inform efficient operational planning and decisions.
- Support the capacity building of WFP staff, partners and national government to prepare for and respond to food assistance needs, e.g. through project management support of learning initiatives.
Applicants must have-
- Advanced University degree in Economics, International Development, Social Sciences, Business Administration or other related field, or First University degree with additional years of related work experience and training.
- Fluency (level C) in English language in both oral and written communication in English, fluency (level C) of Tajik and/or Russian
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, please visit WFP.