Deadline: 26 May 2016
UN Women is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of Project Assistant in Cairo, Egypt. The duration of this post is 1 year.
The Project Assistant will provide support in the implementation of UN Women’s component in the joint programme between UN WOMEN, UNDP and UNFPA titled “Social, economic and legal empowerment of Egyptian women”.
UN Women is the UN organization dedicated to gender equality and the empowerment of women.
Key Jobs Responsibilities
The Project Assistant will perform the following functions-
- Ensures the implementation of programme strategies, adapts processes and procedures:
- Supports the formulation of programme strategies and implementation of the Country Office Annual Work Plan.
- Provides effective support to management of the CO programme.
- Provides administrative support to the Programme Unit.
- Support resource mobilization strategy.
- Ensures the implementation of programme strategies, adapts processes and procedures of the following results:
- Implementation of the CO partnerships and resources mobilization strategies, drafting of reports.
- Provides effective support to the management of the CO programme focusing on the achievement of the following results:
- Creation of a project in Atlas, preparation of required budget revisions, revision of project award and project status, determination of unutilized funds, operational and financial close of a project.
- Provision of guidance to the executing agencies on routine implementation of projects.
- Supports resource mobilization focusing on achievement of the following results:
- Track and reporting on mobilized resources.
- Review of contributions agreement, managing contributions in Atlas.
- Ensures facilitation of knowledge building and knowledge sharing in the CO focusing on achievement of the following results:
- Organization of trainings for the operations/ projects staff on programme.
- Synthesis of lessons learnt and best practices in programme.
- Sound contributions to knowledge networks and communities of practice.
Applicants must have-
- University Degree in Business or Public Administration, Economics, Political Sciences and Social Sciences would be desirable, but it is not a requirement.
- 3 years of relevant administrative or programme experience is required at the national or international level.
- Previous experience with the UN would be an advantage.
- Experience in the usage of computers and office software packages (MS Word, Excel, etc) and knowledge of spreadsheet and database packages.
- Experience in handling of web based management systems.
- Fluency in written and spoken English & Arabic is required.
- Nationality Egyptian.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, please visit UN Women.