Deadline: 19 January 2023
The United Nations Office for Project Services (UNOPS) is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of Project Management Support Officer in Kabul, Afghanistan.
UNOPS mission is to serve people in need by expanding the ability of the United Nations, governments and other partners to manage projects, infrastructure, and procurement in a sustainable and efficient manner.
Key Job Responsibilities
The Project Management Support Officer will the following functions:
- Stakeholder management, coordination and liaison
- Facilitate the smooth liaison between Afghanistan Civil Aviation Authority (ACAA), JICA, relevant Ministries and UNOPS, by maintaining regular contact and networking.
- Set up and organize meetings for UNOPS with ACAA and/or with any other agencies, contractor or person if requested, including organizing meeting spaces.
- Provide substantive inputs on communication and liaison with different stakeholders to the Senior Programme Manager/Deputy Project Manager.
- On the instruction from the Senior Programme Manager/Deputy Project Manager, relay instructions and messages to the Contractors in a prompt manner.
- Monitoring and reporting
- Maintain detailed and accurate records of meetings including agendas, meeting minutes, follow-up/action points.
- Managing information flow by keeping, circulating and archiving detailed project notes and records.
- Measure and report on the effectiveness of communication and liaison strategies/activities.
- Respond to stakeholder concerns by ensuring that they are brought to the attention of the ACAA and facilitate the process of resolving the issue.
Applicants must have:
- First-level university degree (e.g. Bachelor) in Economics, Development Studies, Social Science and/or other relevant fields are required.
- Minimum 2 year’s of experience in communication and liaison, interpreting/translation, community mobilization or other related fields required.
- Experience working with national and international organizations that are contributing to the reconstruction and development in Afghanistan is a significant advantage.
- Prior experience with UNOPS and/or other UN agencies is desirable
- Fluency in English, Dari and Pashto is required.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, visit UNOPS.