Deadline: 31 December 2016
World Vision International (WVI) is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of Project Officer in Doolow, Somalia. The duration of this post is less than 1 year.
The Project Officer will ensure continuous supervision of the overall operations of WVS of the Emergency Food Security Project in the district and acts as a line assistant to the Project Officer (Voucher Specialist).
WVI’s mission is to promote human transformation, seek justice and bear witness to the good news of the Kingdom of God.
Key Jobs Responsibilities
The Project Officer will perform the following functions-
- Coordinate implementation of agriculture and other livelihood activities within the scope of the project.
- Be involved in community mobilization, targeting and monitor movement and distribution of project & Cash For Work (CFW).
- In consultation with project officer and extension staff, organize and draw work plans.
- Where possible in liaison with the project officer link extension services to other existing institutions and organizations such as those responsible for providing credit, technology packages, marketing facilities.
- Maintain all documentation relating directly to CfW activities required to ensure accountability to the donor, particularly where labor is concerned.
- Complete any required monitoring as outlined by the Project Officer.
- On-site supervision and reporting.
- Ensure beneficiary attendance register are up to date.
- Work norms are followed to the details, and foremen are conversant with them.
- Weekly reports on the infrastructure are shared with the documentation officer/project manager.
- Attend all project related meetings with partners and stakeholders in the field.
- Collaborate with extension workers and other staff to enhance integration with other sectors.
- Represent World Vision at field level with local government officials and other agencies as delegated by the project officer.
Applicants must have-
- Completion of college education.
- Diploma/degree in Community Development, Economics, IT Agriculture or other related field.
- 2 years of prior experience in a cash programming-voucher officer position, with good understanding on principles of extension education, cash programming.
- Proven problem solving and decision making skills.
- Experience working on community & community mobilization skills.
- Nationality of Somalia.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, please visit WVI.