Deadline: 9 July 2020
United Nations Development Programme (UNDP) is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of Regional Coordinator in Bamenda, Cameroon. The duration of this post is 1 year.
(Ad) Still, finding it difficult to find new grants and donors to support your work? No way to easily search and identify upcoming funding opportunities? No idea how to raise funds? We have a solution for you. Our Premium Membership service answers all your questions. Learn more.
UNDP works in nearly 170 countries and territories, helping to achieve the eradication of poverty, and the reduction of inequalities and exclusion.
Key Job Responsibilities
(Ad) Too many advertisements on this website? Get an ad-free and fully optimized website experience to find grants and donors of your interest. Premium Membership service offers a clean and user-friendly interface for you to raise funds successfully! Learn more.
The Regional Coordinator will perform the following functions-
- The Regional Coordinator is responsible for the management, planning, implementation of the PPRD in the region under the supervision of the DRR and the PPRDPM:
- Manage the direct implementation by planning of different steps of the implementation process, take timely decisions and actions to ensure results are achieved, while ensuring coherence between various programmatic components.
- Draft baselines whenever possible, to allow for proper oversight and monitoring of regional results and programme impact.
- Prepare and ensure the secretariat of the regional meetings of the Programme (Regional committees, clusters,), in support of the National Coordination, and make the necessary follow-up of the implementation of all the decisions taken.
- Draft the regional work plans, activities, budgets, operational plans, tools and methodologies to ensure efficient project implementation.
- Draft the progress reports and presentations and ensures quality financial and narrative reporting to concerned partners in line with pre-determined deadlines.
- Building strategic partnerships
- Maintain dialogue with regional partners and stakeholders to advocate, promote and advance organizational issues, priorities, interests and competencies for a successful Programme delivery.
- Coordinate and collaborate with regional clients, partners and stakeholders to link and harmonize approaches and to promote common interests and achievement of results.
build effective partnerships with regional UN Agencies, NGO’s, Associations, Traditional and religious leaders, communities.
- Identify new regional partnership in collaboration with the PPRDPM.
(Ad) Premium Membership offers unlimited search options to find your grants and donors. Search by country or thematic area of your work interest or even by keyword. View the number of open grants for your country. on a Google Map. Keep a watch on grant deadlines through a calendar. Learn more.
Applicants must have:
- At least Master’s Degree preferably in Economics, Political or social Sciences, International relations, Development, Project Management, or other related areas or professional experience equivalent to the required level.
- Minimum 10 year’s of relevant work experience in institutional capacity building, early recovery, crisis prevention, peacebuilding and economic regeneration.
- Knowledge of 3*6 Methodology.
- Experience in project management preferably with UNDP.
- Work experience in crisis, post-conflict and/or humanitarian setting is an asset.
- Fluency in English and working knowledge of French are required.
- Use of local languages in the regions (pidgin; etc…) is desirable.
How to Apply
(Ad) Too many emails about grants, but too few leads? Join Premium and use our Specific Email Alerts feature where you can select your country/countries and thematic areas of work interest and receive grant information accordingly. Learn more.
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, visit UNDP.
(Ad) Our Premium Donor Search feature works like a mini-search engine. As soon as you define the search criteria and click on search, it scans the internet for the best possible matches of donor agencies based according to your interest and presents a list that you need. Learn more.