Deadline: 22 May 2017
Global Climate Fund (GCF) is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of Renewable Energy Specialist in Songdo, South Korea. The duration of this post is 3 years.
The Renewable Energy Specialist will support the development of the pipeline of investments within the result area of Energy Generation an Access as well as administration of portfolio investments.
The mission of the Green Climate Fund is to expand collective human action to respond to climate change – the defining challenge of our time.
Key Jobs Responsibilities
The Renewable Energy Specialist will perform the following functions-
- Review and assessment of projects/programme funding proposal and concept note as well as other application to the Fund, by providing high-quality inputs and assuring compliance with the GCF policies and procedure.
- Support in monitoring the relevant portfolio and providing support to the implementation of the project/programme to ensure their performance is in line with the intended result.
- Developing relevant policy document, operational guidelines, procedures, document templates, report, tool and other product.
- Keeping abreast of technologies and financing related to the generation of and access to low-carbon energy in the local/national/international setting.
- Contributing to the Fund’s knowledge management activity by providing technical expertise in the thematic area.
- Contributing to design and implementation of operations information systems.
- Coordinating closely with accredited entities, national designated authorities and other divisions of the Secretariat.
- Providing thought and action to promote the GCF investments that shift the paradigm low-emission and climate-resilient development in the energy sector.
- Support any additional analytical and operational tasks as assigned by the Director.
Applicants must have-
- Master’s degree in engineering, renewable energy, environmental science, economics or other related fields.
- Minimum 9 years of relevant experience in project origination, development, management and/or financing with emphasis on climate change from a utility, engineering company, consultancy firm, financial institution, and/or multilateral development bank.
- Excellent analytical and writing skills.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills in English are essential for this position.
- Knowledge of another UN language an advantage.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their CV and a letter of interest in a single PDF file via email given on the website.
For more information, please download the PDF GCF.