Deadline: 31 March 2017
International Finance Corporation (IFC) is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of Research Analyst in Washington D.C., United States.
The Research Analyst will provide an opportunity to hone sector experience in a specialized, growing and high impact area working closely with a group of senior IFC sector professionals.
IFC’s mission is to end extreme poverty by 2030 and boost shared prosperity in every developing country.
Key Jobs Responsibilities
The Research Analyst will perform the following functions-
- Research and maintain a strong understanding of trends and developments in core transport sub-sectors, including in ports, airports, roads, mass transit, railways, logistics, inland waterways, shipping, airlines, etc.
- Synthesize and convey in documents, Powerpoint presentations and blogs, key developments in the above areas (and others) for broader consumption.
- Perform systematic mapping of countries and/or companies for potential IFC engagement in major transport sub-sectors.
- Help prepare strategy papers for sub-sectors.
- Research/expand/update benchmarking database for major transport sub-sectors in emerging markets.
- Act as point of contact for benchmarking data to regional investment teams and other stakeholders in the World Bank Group.
- Utilize IFC internal systems to generate pipeline, portfolio and climate change reports.
- Work on development and update of lessons learned database, and knowledge management materials.
Applicants must have-
- Bachelor’s or equivalent degree with specialization in economics, finance, business or transport; Masters is a plus.
- Sector experience in the transport sector is a plus.
- Experience in a research-oriented role (2+ years) with a proven track record of publishing reports and analysis would be a plus, ideally in the transport sector.
- Experience writing high level briefs on sector trends and ‘deep dive’ reports.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills including financial modeling, financial statement analysis and valuation preferred.
- Able to work well in multicultural teams and across boundaries Strong client service orientation with an openness to feedback and new ideas.
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel and Powerpoint.
- Excellent presentation and writing skills.
- Fluency in English; other languages a plus.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, please visit IFC.